Gruff JK is gonna be pissed

Ddays

Hooked
get the skids installed?

Not yet - too damn cold! Been in single digits here in the evenings and I hate working next to a torpedo heater - sounds like a jet taking off by your head :crazyeyes:
Maybe Sunday - we'll see

Ddays

Hooked
Jeep is looking great! Can I ask why you choose the Nittos over the Coopers?

Thanks! Being that this is my DD I wanted something a little quieter honestly. The Coopers are fantastic tires, but have gotten louder as they've worn. When I'm on the road tryng to talk on the phone while I'm driving Gruff, well, let's just say it's challenging. Forget hands free, it's just too loud.
The Nittos did really well a couple weeks ago at Rausch. Aired down I didn't have any trouble keeping up with everyone else on the Coopers. I did avoid a couple really rocky sections they all did, but I'm confident the tires would have done the job if I was willing to risk some body/undercarriage damage. (LOL, the answer was nope - not with only 1000 miles on it!)

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Thanks! Being that this is my DD I wanted something a little quieter honestly. The Coopers are fantastic tires, but have gotten louder as they've worn. When I'm on the road tryng to talk on the phone while I'm driving Gruff, well, let's just say it's challenging. Forget hands free, it's just too loud.
The Nittos did really well a couple weeks ago at Rausch. Aired down I didn't have any trouble keeping up with everyone else on the Coopers. I did avoid a couple really rocky sections they all did, but I'm confident the tires would have done the job if I was willing to risk some body/undercarriage damage. (LOL, the answer was nope - not with only 1000 miles on it!)

I’ve been wanting to get Coopers and I will, but I’m always curious when I see someone go a different route. Road noise and tread block vibration are a concern for me especially coming from stock Goodyear tires. I’m even more concerned about my wife’s comfort since we pretty much take my Jeep when going anywhere. Like I said, I’m probably going to get them. I just hope I don’t regret it.

benatc1

Hooked

I’ve been wanting to get Coopers and I will, but I’m always curious when I see someone go a different route. Road noise and tread block vibration are a concern for me especially coming from stock Goodyear tires. I’m even more concerned about my wife’s comfort since we pretty much take my Jeep when going anywhere. Like I said, I’m probably going to get them. I just hope I don’t regret it.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the coopers, especially compared to other mud tires. 2 different style if tires here anyway, but my assumption is that is part of the reason Jerry went with more of AT this time around for this Jeep in its current phase of life, not everyone needs a good meaty MT. All stuff to consider.

BTW, How many miles are people seeing out of the ridge grapplers on Jeeps? My boss has them on his f350 and they are toast, and loud actually, at 18k- but clearly a heavier vehicle. I kinda feel bad too cause while the shop recommended them I also gave them the nod. [emoji45]

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I don't think you'll be disappointed with the coopers, especially compared to other mud tires. 2 different style if tires here anyway, but my assumption is that is part of the reason Jerry went with more of AT this time around for this Jeep in its current phase of life, not everyone needs a good meaty MT. All stuff to consider.

BTW, How many miles are people seeing out of the ridge grapplers on Jeeps? My boss has them on his f350 and they are toast, and loud actually, at 18k- but clearly a heavier vehicle. I kinda feel bad too cause while the shop recommended them I also gave them the nod. [emoji45]

Funny - the Ridge Graps are actually quieter and both myself and the wife feel they ride better than the stock BFG's. If these turn out to be comparable in sound level to the Coops over time, I will replace them with the STT Pros.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Funny - the Ridge Graps are actually quieter and both myself and the wife feel they ride better than the stock BFG's. If these turn out to be comparable in sound level to the Coops over time, I will replace them with the STT Pros.

I’m sure they will get louder. Every nitro gets louder with age.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
I'm actually very interested to hear how they do for you as I know you put on alot of miles. Seems like alot of people recommend the Ridge grapplers for the reasons you stated. Either way, sounds like you have a plan!

wjtstudios

Hooked

I Just put the ridge grapplers on my Ram 3500 with it was delivered the first of February. I've put over 2K miles on it in the last 5 weeks so I can't speak to overall longevity, but there is no noticeable loss of tread when compared to the Spare with 0 miles on it. At the rate I'm dumping miles on it, I'll know by fall if they'll hold up. I can speak to the fact that they are quiet and smooth as hell on the road, have had no issues pushing thru about 12" of snow and have gotten me back into some of my sites when we had a brief thaw and everything turned into a muddy soup bowl and then back out. They are one of the few AT type tires that had the load rating for the HD trucks and Tow really well. So far, they are better than I had expected.

benatc1

Hooked
I Just put the ridge grapplers on my Ram 3500 with it was delivered the first of February. I've put over 2K miles on it in the last 5 weeks so I can't speak to overall longevity, but there is no noticeable loss of tread when compared to the Spare with 0 miles on it. At the rate I'm dumping miles on it, I'll know by fall if they'll hold up. I can speak to the fact that they are quiet and smooth as hell on the road, have had no issues pushing thru about 12" of snow and have gotten me back into some of my sites when we had a brief thaw and everything turned into a muddy soup bowl and then back out. They are one of the few AT type tires that had the load rating for the HD trucks and Tow really well. So far, they are better than I had expected.
I hope they do well for you, I've only ever heard good things about these tires but my boss is also the only one I know well that has them. Don't mean to knock this tire at all but his we're good normal wear till about 10k with rotations and then melted away. So many factors could contribute though, probably mainly cause it's a Ford lol (I have a ram 3500 too)

wjtstudios

Hooked
I hope they do well for you, I've only ever heard good things about these tires but my boss is also the only one I know well that has them. Don't mean to knock this tire at all but his we're good normal wear till about 10k with rotations and then melted away. So many factors could contribute though, probably mainly cause it's a Ford lol (I have a ram 3500 too)

I hope these hold out well, they ride great. And yes, its probably a Ford thing!

Top Bottom