Carb question

jlarson

I have an 89 4.2...im wanting to change to the motorcraft carb...i have one that i think came off a 360...looks like a 3 barrel...the side is marked with 1.21...another is marked 1.23..question is....can i use either of them...maybe change the jets or something??? 20180311_164258.jpg 20180305_162836.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
It depends on the CFM. If they are both 2 barrels then they are probably similar. The 360 is larger so it might be slightly bigger. You won’t know the CFM until you look up the part numbers on the inter webs. Are the base plates the same? If the new one bolts onto the manifold and the butterflies cycle freely then you may be able to pull it off. Won’t know until you try.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tuggin

Motorcraft

Many people use the 1.21. I put a 1.53 on my 4.2. Check the jets you my be ok. If it is off of a 360 engine you will probably have to change them to a smaller size. There is a web sight I believe is called Mikes Carburetor. There is a wealth of information there. There is contact information there as well. That is who I got my Jets from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom