PR44 + Spring Retainers

J

JKDream

Any of you running retainers with your Prorock? I have a ton of downtravel at the moment, and am unseating the springs just enough to have them spin on the bucket. Picked up a set of retainers but I can't see any way to get these mounted with the bucket design. Curious to see what others have came up with.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Probably not the answer you want to hear but back when I was still running a PR44 with a standard lift, I just made sure to run shocks that wouldn't allow for too much droop. Unlike a factory 44, I don't think there are too many good ways to install spring retainers.

J

JKDream

Probably not the answer you want to hear but back when I was still running a PR44 with a standard lift, I just made sure to run shocks that wouldn't allow for too much droop. Unlike a factory 44, I don't think there are too many good ways to install spring retainers.
I never actually had this issue with the factory axle, only the ProRock. Not sure if the spring mount is lower or if my coils sagged. I'm thinking the only way to get them in is to notch the bumpstop and mount it underneath. Curious if anyone else has made them work though.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I never actually had this issue with the factory axle, only the ProRock. Not sure if the spring mount is lower or if my coils sagged. I'm thinking the only way to get them in is to notch the bumpstop and mount it underneath. Curious if anyone else has made them work though.

I think the spring mount on the PR44 is lower. When I did my PR44 I had to not only swap over the full (aftermarket) bump stop that I had on the stock D44 but also I added on the 1 inch or so puck that came with the PR44.

J

JKDream

I think the spring mount on the PR44 is lower. When I did my PR44 I had to not only swap over the full (aftermarket) bump stop that I had on the stock D44 but also I added on the 1 inch or so puck that came with the PR44.
The center section that sits inside the coil is definitely lower, hence the bump extension. I'm not sure about the bucket on the tube though.

wutwasithnkn

I am not sure if this is helpful as I don’t know the PR44 setup but I just installed this Currie spring retainer system on my OEM Dana 44 last weekend. It was easy to install. It’s a bit more expensive but simple install...took less than an hour. Here is a pic of the kit I used. IMG_0770.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom