CALAMITY JANE - All Dolled Up with Factory 1974 CJ-5 Renegade Decals

Tired Bear

Looks great! My first Jeep was a '74 with a 304 and a 3 speed stick. Don't know if it was a Renegade cause it had been painted by the previous owner. Jane brought back a lot of good memories for me. Thanks for sharing.

aTX427

Beautiful Jeep. Love that color. It makes me want to take on a restoration project some day. Pure love for the heritage.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great Eddie, nice job! I'll hire you to do the same to my 75-cj5 that was the same blue!

LOL!! While I'm flattered, I don't know if I could do it again anytime soon especially with all the projects I've got going. :crazyeyes:

Beautiful Jeep. Love that color. It makes me want to take on a restoration project some day. Pure love for the heritage.

Thanks! Super happy with the way she came out :yup:

dillard09

Wow! Jane looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor. Nice job! The 8274 cleaned up nice too. I like the Warn fairlead with synthetic rope, and them trucklights on her. Really cleans up the front end :clap2: Also how is that Raptor liner holding up and how do you like it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie,
Calamity Jane called and said that she wants to hang out at her aunt Rachel's for a while. 🤷🏻*♀️[emoji38]

LOL!! I'm sure she'd love to come down and visit sometime :cool:

Wow! Jane looks like she just rolled off the showroom floor. Nice job! The 8274 cleaned up nice too. I like the Warn fairlead with synthetic rope, and them trucklights on her. Really cleans up the front end :clap2: Also how is that Raptor liner holding up and how do you like it?

Thanks! I should note that the winch is an 8074 as in, the first year it came out and without a clutch. So far, I'm really happy with the Raptor liner and it seems to be holding up well. I'll most likely use it again on our Jeepster Commando. :yup:

dillard09

LOL!! I'm sure she'd love to come down and visit sometime :cool:

Thanks! I should note that the winch is an 8074 as in, the first year it came out and without a clutch. So far, I'm really happy with the Raptor liner and it seems to be holding up well. I'll most likely use it again on our Jeepster Commando. :yup:

Well that make Jane even more special to have the first edition. I have heard good thing about the Raptor liner. Thanks!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well that make Jane even more special to have the first edition. I have heard good thing about the Raptor liner. Thanks!

Oh yeah, not only was it the first edition, hence the "74" in the 8074 as in, 1974 when it came out, this one was made specifically as a factory AMC/Jeep option and sold with the Jeep :yup:

What I really like about Raptorliner is how easy it was to spray on and how it doesn't seem to fade the way most bed liners do. What I don't really like about it as much is that it's hard like plastic instead of softer like rubber. Herculiner is more soft and rubbery and works/feels better in my opinion but it faded quickly.

Jsolte12

Dashboard set up

Love the rebuild on the CJ5 Jane. I went through the gallery from tear down to rebuild and it looks awesome, Ive actually used some of your pics for reference.. Would it be possible to see some photos of the dash lay out. Mine is exactly like yours and if i can see what i need it would be very helpful.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love the rebuild on the CJ5 Jane. I went through the gallery from tear down to rebuild and it looks awesome, Ive actually used some of your pics for reference.. Would it be possible to see some photos of the dash lay out. Mine is exactly like yours and if i can see what i need it would be very helpful.

You mean like this?

20161231172202-03191370.jpg

20161231172204-1e275395.jpg

20161230192820-c257a586.jpg

Jsolte12

Dash

WOW thank you so much. I will post pics of mine when i get to that point. Its so close I cant wait.

Top Bottom