Chinese are negotiating to purchase FCA

Sahara_Maverick

India bought Land Rover. So, not surprising China is buying Jeep.

They are getting a better deal. ;-)

The Chinese can build quality stuff if they want. The problem is many do not want to pay for it, hence we see what we see.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JoeB-JKURX

Jeep Going Chinese???

Just saw in the current issue of Four Wheel and Off Road magazine where the CEO of FCA said that FCA was in good shape and implied that the Jeep brand would not be sold to the Great Wall automotive group. This strongly suggests that discussions to do just that have been underway but were not currently initiated. This also suggests that discussions could resume at any time and that Jeep may, indeed, go the way of the IBM PC where Chinese Lenovo bought the brand. I'm planning to research this a bit more and to keep my eye on this situation. I may have bought my last Jeep (or could buy one before the change). Not happy about the current foreign ownership but would be very unhappy with Chinese ownership. Any thoughts from the Wayalife community?

JAGS

Hooked
My Honda Fit was Chinese built, kinda pissed me off. Jeeps are a Toledo thing, pure and simple.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Depending on year, it was built in Mexico or Japan. Ownership doesn't necessarily equate to production location. Nearly all manufactures have plants all over the world. Parts come from all over the world.

jeeeep

Hooked
China market is the #2 buyer of Jeep brand - USA being #1 so I can see why the Chinese would have an interest in buying.

I doubt FCA would want to give up such a stronghold...yet

Gbint

In a MUCH smaller scale, I finally let my automotive repair business go to someone else when I figured it had maxed out in value. Was a awesome decision.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom