WTF is with Stealerships?

BlackKnight

Took my car for the ticking it had, it had stopped dung it a while a go but I figured I'd take it anyway. Had a,little bit of oil around the tranny inspection ports that I couldn't figure out it was coming from so I said please check the main seal to make sure it's not leaking.

Today they call me to tell me it was ready, that they couldn't hear the tick and that it was the rear right axle seal that was leaking and was replaced. So I'm here wondering what the fuck is she talking about, seems like when she was copying from the sheet I signed that the full by hand to the computer she put rear pinion seal instead of rear main seal...

It's painful to think about, but clearly, the service techs (customer facing) clearly have absolutely no clue on mechanical issues. hell, I don't even think some of them understand the language (Mechanic speak). In your case, I'd go to the stealership and ask to talk to the mechanic that did the work. Ask if they told him about the rear main seal or an axle issue...

In my case, now I'm fighting it out with the District Manager, and It's going back in next Wednesday, this time I'm told for a new trans...

Last edited:

BlackKnight

Back in the shop Again today. This time they are saying they are going to take out and fully rebuild the transmission per Chrysler request. Friday on the way home from work I started up a hill from a 20 mph zone, about halfway up the hill it changes to 45, I had a car right on my tail as I started up the hill and going through 1st and 2nd, when it went into 3rd it failed to engage (No power, engine RPMs climbed almost immediately to 5K and CEL light on). The Guy that was behind me almost hit me as I popped my hazards and pulled to the side. I immediately noticed that unlike the norm when it starts acting up, I was able to use sports shifting. I put it back in 1st and over-revved 2nd jumping 3rd into 4th to make it home.

We'll see what they say now...

Last is was each tire had a different diameter, then tires were a different size than stock (OEM=275/75-r17, mine 285/75-r17, difference of .5 inch diameter, 2 inch width difference), So wondering what the excuse will be now.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I haven't taken my vehicles to a dealership to get worked on for over 30 years. You're way better off finding a good independent garage to do the work you can't do yourself and build a relationship with them. I've never gotten fleeced by them and I know the owners and all of the mechanics by name. Even drop off boxed of donuts from time to time. Incidentally it also makes it easier to get past a stupid inspection process if you're tires stick out past the fenders or if your exhaust doesn't exit past the bumper, etc etc ;).

BlackKnight

Back from the Dealer, The Transmission is fixed (They had to replace everything but the case itself) but it had to go back in this morning, as they either missed torquing some bolts or put the aftermarket skid (EVO) plates in incorrectly (the wrong side of the transmission isolator, it connects directly to the bottom of the engine and must be on the transmission side of the rubber isolator for the trany, otherwise it transfers the engine vibration directly to the cross member).

Now I'm also fighting with them on the refund of the "take out charge" as it was a warranty repair after all.

Top Bottom