Steering wheel coming un centered

legoset

Anyone have a solution to mu JKU rubicon having the steering wheel coming un centered after being in a hard twist with suspension ?? I've upgraded drag link, track bar and tie rod assembly. i have new control arms on the way.
it's irritating and i know others having the same issue !?

trailraider

do you mean off centre when finished off roading and driving home? then you centre and it does it again?

I would start looking at your track bar upgrade and steering components. something is bent.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Bent my tie rod on a rock, front tires were toed in about a inch. Better check alignment or you will kill your tires. Steering wheel was clocked about 2" or so to the left

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

legoset

do you mean off centre when finished off roading and driving home? then you centre and it does it again?

I would start looking at your track bar upgrade and steering components. something is bent.

yes on how it happens. I have teraflex steering components. It has happened a few times. I have a few others having same issue. I am slowly upgrading and supporting everything to hopefully stop it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, something is bending OR something is tearing like a track bar mount OR your sector shaft is cracked and twisting. I have seen all the above happen.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Top Bottom