INSIDE LOOK at CODEX - The Dynatrac 2-Door Extra Cab Hellcat Gladiator Truck Build

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think the main problem is...you’de never known it was a Gladiator...it actually looks more like a JL...so why start with a Gladiator?

Having seen it in person, it's a cool build and it screams "different" for sure but this is the part that bothers me. EVERYTHING that made it a Gladiator was eliminated. Still, I have no doubts that it'll get the attention that they're wanting especially once it's sitting on bigger tires :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno. Just saw their IG post highlighting mods and saying it’s ready for overland expo west. Didn’t say anything about axles and it looked like stock. Maybe they’re going to talk about axles in a later post. Or maybe do the axles after overland expo? The post mentions an upcoming “phase 3.” Maybe that’s where they add axles, two more doors, and a more realistic motor.

Stage 3 will include axles, suspension and bigger tires. They just ran out of time and wanted to get this truck out to Overland Expo. We'll have more coverage coming to you soon. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hope they're gonna throw a set of helper springs in the rear cuz it's looking a little droopy back there...

:cheesy: We weren't able to stick around long enough to see new springs going in but that was the plan. The sag looked especially bad being that the front end had 2" mopar coils installed.

Abntroop

Okay, just saw this awesome awning made by Rhino Rack in action and OMG - so much want!!!
20190515182647-00116a72-me.jpg

Compact when closed and super easy to open and setup. All kinds of other features that are sweet too.
20190515182646-b214bcc1-me.jpg

:thumb:

Yeah, had one of those fox wings on my trailer for a few years now, worth every penny!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That'll do it. Crazy how people who own this lift are so defensive over their bowed springs.

LOL - to be fair, nobody wants to think that they may have made a mistake on something that cost a lot to buy.

Fortunately for Dynatrac, this will all get changed out in Stage 3

catahoula

Caught the Bug
If you really think about it using a four door Gladiator platform the gross vehicle weight rating would be much more.

Top Bottom