Colorado - Holy Cross - July 20

WJCO

Meme King
Hey everyone, how about 9:30 at the Minturn Shell station for a meeting point and last gas up and we'll drive into the trailhead from there.

401 S Main
Minturn, CO 81645

How far is the Shell station from the trail head? Looks to be about 30 minutes?

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
How far is the Shell station from the trail head? Looks to be about 30 minutes?

I mean we could meet at the trailhead if you want, I just figured that was the last place on pavement for supplies that people would probably stop anyway if needed. I'm actually come from Buena Vista so I can meet at the trailhead as well if you'd prefer.

WJCO

Meme King
I mean we could meet at the trailhead if you want, I just figured that was the last place on pavement for supplies that people would probably stop anyway if needed. I'm actually come from Buena Vista so I can meet at the trailhead as well if you'd prefer.

I was just trying to figure out total time, etc. Your location in Minturn is fine.

Slimebones

We keep talking about it, so this is my attempt to get it done. We're taking on Holy Cross. July 20. We may or may not camp out there before or after so let me know if you're interested in that.

I wanted to start a thread to start the planning ahead of time.

MEETING LOCATION AND TIME: 9:30am at the Minturn Shell station for a meeting point and last gas up and we'll drive into the trailhead from there.

401 S Main
Minturn, CO 81645

Going
1. H8ROADS
2. anviljk
3. Slimebones
4. Bierpower
5. WJCO
6. jeffj
7. onlyone
8. harker1
We will be coming from Leadville so will meet you at the trailhead at 10:00. That way I am not backtracking. Any earlier than than would actually work great also

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Saturday is coming soon guys. Just a reminder, it is highly advised to have at least 35" tires, at least one locker, a winch and tow points. French Creek is no joke and has some rather large bolders!

WJCO

Meme King
Saturday is coming soon guys. Just a reminder, it is highly advised to have at least 35" tires, at least one locker, a winch and tow points. French Creek is no joke and has some rather large bolders!

Shit. I'd better reconsider. Might have to leave the Mini Cooper at home then.

WJCO

Meme King
Should we just meet at the trailhead at 930-10 then? Sounds like we're all in different directions, and it sounds like onlyone and harker1 live near there.

harker1

I was wondering about the lockers. Have all that but the lockers. Can always stop at the creek. That is I can. Was thinking that anyway since don't have skids on the sliders yet. Anyway see ya'll at trail head.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Should we just meet at the trailhead at 930-10 then? Sounds like we're all in different directions, and it sounds like onlyone and harker1 live near there.

Sounds good - lets plan on meeting at the trailhead. I miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight be more towards 10, but you'll have to see how empty my whiskey bottle gets tomorrow night. See you all then!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Man... you guys are going to have an awesome time. My wife has business in Boulder Friday to Saturday, so that means I have business in Boulder. 🤔 We're going to try to wrap up early on Saturday and head out to MSV / Coney Flats and maybe T-33. Anyways, wheel safe. Hope to see a trip report, and maybe a few pics if somebody gets a chance. 🍻

harker1

Hey guys. Thanks for gettin me up that last obstacle before French creek. Had a blast!!! The fleet of side by sides came through so we headed down. Hope you came down in front of them and missed that storm. Anyway that was awesome and thanks again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
Hey guys. Thanks for gettin me up that last obstacle before French creek. Had a blast!!! The fleet of side by sides came through so we headed down. Hope you came down in front of them and missed that storm. Anyway that was awesome and thanks again!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh.. side by sides.

Top Bottom