Dinner places near Moab

CalSgt

Hooked
We are getting ready for a week long trip to Moab, no one in my group has ever been. We planed on going to a restaurant as a group one night during the trip, does anyone have a recommendation?

Also if anyone knows, I'm curious what the dining regulations look like out there. Our group is 3 kids and 7 adults, i'm not sure if we will be allowed to go to a restaurant in a group that big.

This trip is my refund trip that was cancelled last March when the three counties surrounding Moab banned lodging to all outsiders during the initial COVID panic (i mean pandemic)

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
We are getting ready for a week long trip to Moab, no one in my group has ever been. We planed on going to a restaurant as a group one night during the trip, does anyone have a recommendation?

Also if anyone knows, I'm curious what the dining regulations look like out there. Our group is 3 kids and 7 adults, i'm not sure if we will be allowed to go to a restaurant in a group that big.

This trip is my refund trip that was cancelled last March when the three counties surrounding Moab banned lodging to all outsiders during the initial COVID panic (i mean pandemic)

I was going to say McStiffs but just went to look at what they’re doing in regards to COVID and it says they’re permanently closed. That’s a bummer. Besides that, I’ve only been to a sushi place there that was pretty decent but I don’t remember the name of it. Maybe Bangkok House? We usually rent a place and cook most meals. McStiffs was cool though. Bummer that it’s closed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

J&k_Overland

We went to McStiffs in August. Food was good but it was definitely not what it used to be Moab Brewery was good the burrito place by Twisted Ieep rentals is awesome. Pasta Jays is great as well.
We had 5 in our group in August wasn’t a issue anywhere we went.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

McStiffs got sold. The new place there is OK, but not as good.

Pasta Jay's was great, Moab Brewery was good, and Blu Pig is always a hit.

I had good luck as well at a little place called Hidden Cuisine.

I just came through Utah, and where I was the restaurants were open and using common sense rules. Big groups didn't seem to be a problem.

Enjoy, I am looking forward to getting back myself.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Atomic Cafe was good but I think it might be closed now.

MericaMade

Moab and good food don't go together. That place suck ass for food. The best meal I have had up there was Thai Bella Moab and Moab Brewery and that was still a 3 out of 10. I have been to the Blue Pig twice and the the food was shit....just shit.

Last edited:
Not exactly a sit down dinner suggestion here, but I eat Quesadilla Mobilla a lot when I’m in Moab. It’s a food truck. My wife and I got married on a cliff in Canyonlands and right before the ceremony, I ran and got Quesadilla Mobilla. Pretty damn good.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Not exactly a sit down dinner suggestion here, but I eat Quesadilla Mobilla a lot when I’m in Moab. It’s a food truck. My wife and I got married on a cliff in Canyonlands and right before the ceremony, I ran and got Quesadilla Mobilla. Pretty damn good.

Somehow most food tastes better from a food truck. Same as with camping.

Brute

Hooked
Blu Pig...Broken Oar...Moab Brewery...and if you want a nice meal with a decent bottle of wine, try the Desert Bistro, or the River Grill at the Sorrel River Ranch...but it's $$...unfortunately my favorite restaurant in Moab is closed...Jefferies Steakhouse.

Ddays

Hooked
Zax's is good. So is The Spoke on Center - really good burger place. Had a really nice lunch at Glorias Corner Cafe. Moab Brewery as others have said.

We also had very mediocre food from Blu Pig. I stood inside and waited almost a half an hour for food after calling it in the previous half hour prior to getting there. Watching their people firsthand - Nah. Hard pass.
I'd also stay away from the Sunset Grill. They are waaaaaay overpriced.

I agree - why is food so good off of a truck? :thinking:

Brute

Hooked
Zax's is good. So is The Spoke on Center - really good burger place. Had a really nice lunch at Glorias Corner Cafe. Moab Brewery as others have said.

We also had very mediocre food from Blu Pig. I stood inside and waited almost a half an hour for food after calling it in the previous half hour prior to getting there. Watching their people firsthand - Nah. Hard pass.

There is only one thing worth ordering at the Blu Pig...burnt ends. Moab is not the Mecca of fine dining...and you would be better served to find a place where you can cook meals, as Speedyrcw stated earlier

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Moab and good food don't go together. That place suck ass for food. The best meal I have had up there was Thai Bella Moab and Moab Brewery and that was still a 3 out of 10. I have been to the Blue Pig twice and the the food was shit....just shit.
The few times I've been the food is always mediocre at best. Moab brewery is pretty low on my scale of breweries. The beer the can serve on tap in the restaurant sucks because its 3.2 beer. They're canned stuff they have is better but nothing to write home about. All the restaurants listed above are way over priced and during peak tourist times are way over worked,, which probably explains why its not that great. Honestly if I was going with a group I'd find a large house or a couple places all within walking from one another, bring all my alcohol with me (the state run liquor store has a huge mark up), go the the grocery store for fresh food and have big cook outs. You're away from the crowds and only with people you like. Much cheaper and probably alot more enjoyable. When my wife and I were there last wexhad the best time sitting on the deck of our hotel with our own drinks and food. Met some nice people who did the same thing that way too.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
The few times I've been the food is always mediocre at best. Moab brewery is pretty low on my scale of breweries. The beer the can serve on tap in the restaurant sucks because its 3.2 beer. They're canned stuff they have is better but nothing to write home about. All the restaurants listed above are way over priced and during peak tourist times are way over worked,, which probably explains why its not that great. Honestly if I was going with a group I'd find a large house or a couple places all within walking from one another, bring all my alcohol with me (the state run liquor store has a huge mark up), go the the grocery store for fresh food and have big cook outs. You're away from the crowds and only with people you like. Much cheaper and probably alot more enjoyable. When my wife and I were there last wexhad the best time sitting on the deck of our hotel with our own drinks and food. Met some nice people who did the same thing that way too.

Sad for the local economy, but true. Last time I was in Moab I rented a house owned by someone in California and I drank beer and spirits I brought from California. Money I contributed to the local economy was at the grocery store, the gas station, and the bowling alley. Not peanuts, but a lot less than I would have contributed staying at locally owned lodging and dining at locally owned restaurants.

MericaMade

So you're saying we should all rent houses, have huge barbecues, and go hit all the trails in the next few weeks LOL.

Sent from my SM-G996U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Weebz

Caught the Bug

Sunset grill is absolute trash. Absurdly overpriced and the service and food were equally as bad.

Ddays

Hooked
Sunset grill is absolute trash. Absurdly overpriced and the service and food were equally as bad.

Lol, I was thinking of you as I typed that. Our first experience there a few years ago was that the food was decent, service slow, prices retarded.

CalSgt

Hooked
Thanks for all the recommendations, I had no idea the food would be sub par at so many places there. From my experience touristy places usually seem to have lots of good places to eat

Blu Pig...Broken Oar...Moab Brewery...and if you want a nice meal with a decent bottle of wine, try the Desert Bistro, or the River Grill at the Sorrel River Ranch...but it's $$...unfortunately my favorite restaurant in Moab is closed...Jefferies Steakhouse.

Desert Bistro & River Grill both seem reasonable for a decent dinner... Not sure if it would fit in the other families budget, too bad about the steakhouse that would have been an easy sell to the group.

Pasta Jays is on the radar now too, the wife and I just discussed it and we think the others in the group will probably insist on the Brewery.

As others have recommended, we will be cooking/grilling at the rental each day & will probably pre cook breakfast burritos. We will brown sack lunches or might pack the little grill with us a few days & cook franks or sausages on the trail.

Top Bottom