Jeep TJ pics

How do the BFG all terrains do for you? I’m torn between the ko2s and a more aggressive mud trrrain.

I absolutely hated my Bfg at ko2 in the winter. Back when I had my zj I ran them in 31x10.5, the slightest slick surface in 2wd and the ass was kicking out. With the shorter wheelbase and less weight on rear of a tj I wouldn’t try them again. My opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I don’t mind a little additional noise from mud terrains as it’s not a daily driver but I also don’t want to be white knuckled if I decide to go on a ski trip to the mountains and get stuck in a blizzard. The original mtrs on my first tj were downright scary in the rain and ice.

The KMs are good in the rain. Just a bit slick in the snow. I winter wheel them multiple times per year and they work, but their just slick at times. Hills on some of the trails that usually are a piece of cake, end up being winch hills while the Jeeps running ATs go right up. And it’s exactly the opposite in the spring thru fall when the ATs bog down and the MTs power thru. I’d rather have a tire that works well for most of the year on the trail than just part of it.

If you get the MTs just be cognizant that you’ll need more room to stop on roads than you would for an AT. Hills on roads are fine, just run 4WD. But otherwise you’re good. Ive DD’d them for 5 years on my JKU and I’m awaiting my 3rd set if BFG would make a batch of the 39” KM3s if that helps. Only tire I’ll run.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

sm31

My old TJ... I miss it but I sure don't miss those MTR-K's.

Attachments

• 20180929_101715.jpg
    20180929_101715.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 110

jdofmemi

Interesting TJ I seen on a snow run.

Super Duty axles, 40s
Unique way of mounting the axle

Attachments

• IMG_20190224_150432-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20190224_150432-1008x756.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 103

rjonec

More Pics

Included are pics of my '01 Sahara. It is now my son's. I installed H&R springs, Bilstein Shocks, added 16x8" Rubi wheels and BGF Rugged Terrain 255-70-16's. This is a great all around combo. It rides far better than stock and a 1.25" increase in ride height improves the overall appearance. Included is the before and after. pics IPhone 8 001.jpg Jeep Tiger 009.jpg

Top Bottom