In the Rubicon Buying Process NOW!

Aside from guzzling gas I'd like to hear the reasoning why a JK or JL can't be a daily driver.

My wife and I must be doing it wrong since that's all we've been driving for the last 6 years. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I hear this so often, and daily mine. Would I like to get a gas sipping commuter? Sure, but I also really love driving my Jeep. I can see trying to avoid wear on certain parts, especially if you're running 37s on stock axles.

My buddy has a 'BMW M3 and his tires are just as much as my 37" STTs. His oil changes are $200 and adding a quart every 1000 or so is to be expected. He gets a few MPG above me. Yet we're seen as crazy for wanting to daily our rigs.

To the OP:

Drive it first then figure out what you need. I went to a leveling kit after a couple months of ownership and that alone made a nice difference.

Last edited:

A JK 2010

Congratulations on the new jeep learn as much as you can by doing as much on your jeep by your self or with a friend that can help.

JT2012Jk

Stay away from Tera Flex. I have an EVO leveling kit on mine and it’s more than enough lift and is comfy to drive. I’ve ran the aftermarket exhaust, CAI series myself and they tend to be a waste of time and money. Keeps are already loud drivers, just add additional noise to that and it gets obnoxious quick. Just buy it stock and run it for a while before upgrading anything. You may be surprised how little you actually need to do to it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

clos0791

I bought my 2015 jku at HB Jeep also. They offered me a lift and tires package as well. I declined and did the lift myself. You do learn so much about your Jeep when you do everything yourself. No real benefits to an ACI or exhaust. Save your money.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

cml612571

It's a hard call, see on one end like everyone before had pointed out you can find the mods for much less with vendors like 4wd.com, or Morris 4x4. Now with that said there's this ugly thing called the warranty and what the dealer will void if you do almost anything outside their profit zone.
1st make sure Jeep holds up on the warranty even on the dealer mods.
and hold off of any CAI..
The air compressor recommendation is spot on.

Sent from my SM-N920T using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2018 Blk Rubicon JKU. I am getting it from Huntington Beach Jeep.
I might as well add another $7000 for Tera-flex 3 inch lift, cold intake, and exhaust, will put it into the deal. I will be financing the whole thing.
Yep, I'm jumping in with both feet, been wanting one for years.
A friend suggested to wait on the lift kit to ease my way in BUT If I'm buying a $40,000 Wrangler I want it to be set up the way I want.
My wife thinks Im a little crazy to drop that much money on a vehicle that doesn't work well as a daily driver but I'm ready and willing to have this as a Wayalife.

I haven't bought it yet, supposed to go in in the next few days to make it happen. I'm open to any feedback in the buying process

Thanks
DR

My wife said the same as yours at first. We bought a new 17 JKU Rubi this November with the plans on keeping it stock till tax season. Well,,,, then Black Friday and Cyber Monday came along and I went nuts, but saved a lot of money in the long run . Well as of today and only 950 miles on my JKU I have installed the Evo Enforcer 3 inch stage 2 with drag link flip kit, King Resi, 35 BFGs on stock rims with spacers, cut bumper and fenders, rear tire relocation, radio, and added Recon rock sliders. And right now I am searching for new rims LOL.

My wife complained about how much we spent at first but now loves the Jeep.

Stay away from Tera-flex like most said. The more I researched them, the more I disliked them. I really like the JKS but went with EVO since they are local and glad I did.

With it being so close to the JLs hitting dealer lots, I'd wait, and compare both side by each. The JK will be in production for a short time in parallel to the JK. You have time to decide. As JK inventory goes down, I'd think prices and or interest rates would too.

I wouldn't worry about not having the latest model, after market support will be around for many years to support the JK.

I'm a firm believer in good things come those who wait.

Totally agree, everyone employee At the dealership is on commission, that's their job. And many dealers will try and just sell what they know. Always have your back up, and be firm and professional....It's your hard earn money.

See if you can go for a spin in a few jeeps with various lifts. You will quickly see and feel all are NOT created equal, and Terrorflex will end up on the bottom of you list. This forum will guide you, read up, and ask away....good luck

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oh, and one more thing....I've got 250,000Kms logged across two JKs, lifted on 35s, most recent is a 2 door. 120Km round trip a day in at times crappy traffic commute. Would not change a think, smiles per gallon as they say. Have a crappy day at work, and walk out to the parking lot....see you jeep...life is good again.

Life is way too short to drive a boring vanilla car....

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom