The Great Gas Can Debate

Ddays

Hooked
This thread is too weird...I just ordered a Rotopax 2 gallon tank & mount to try to figure how to mount it on an EVO carrier.
I want to try to mount 2 on the inside of the carrier on the tubing instead of hanging on the tire...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
How was the install on that? I was literally just looking at them, debating between the rotopax version and the Jerry can version.

Honestly I didn't install it. I got it back when I still super noob and had my buddy install it for me at the same time he welded on my c gussets. He said though that it wasn't to hard of an install. Worst part was doing the hinge side on the driver side cause it ties into the roll bar and your working in a small tight space.

As for the different versions the rotopax version sits about an inch closer to the body over the jerry cans if that matters to you.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
that JK looks familiar :D

old school cans

main.php

main.php

main.php

Yep, thats awesome looking... wonder if Eddie will make his way around to this thread and fill us in on how he likes/liked this setup. But it sure does look awesome! :daydream:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
How was the install on that? I was literally just looking at them, debating between the rotopax version and the Jerry can version.

Honestly I didn't install it. I got it back when I still super noob and had my buddy install it for me at the same time he welded on my c gussets. He said though that it wasn't to hard of an install. Worst part was doing the hinge side on the driver side cause it ties into the roll bar and your working in a small tight space.

As for the different versions the rotopax version sits about an inch closer to the body over the jerry cans if that matters to you.

I helped my broth install his. To be honest, I thought the install was a PITA. There is one nut that was impossible to reach on the inside of the tub. You have to been your arm in a screwy way to reach in through the tail light opening, around a piece of metal support in the tub, and then back to the tub itself. One nut took us an hour. It could have just been us though. Once installed, it was a great product.:thumb:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Bumping to keep info coming. I dont really know anything or have any experience with any of the fuel options, so I have nothing productive to post. Just want to make up my mind between Rotopax or Blitz cans before placing the order for my rear tire carrier

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I carry two ROTOPAX units, 4 gallons each, so 8 gallons total. I've used them once, oddly enough, on road. I like to be prepared, so I don't mind the extra weight. Great solution (an expensive one if I'm honest), but it's rock solid, zero leaks, and easy as pie to fill.

In Moab
16236274128_81e7dae861_c.jpg

In Kansas
16375196370_8a9c20d94f_b.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Also interested in this. I like the rotopax look but wow they're expensive. I'm not sure why.

Because they don't leak (so long as you don't use the eco spouts) they can withstand impacts, they can easily pressurize/depressurize, and don't rot in the sun. I thought they were expensive, until I got them. Their mounts and mounting solutions are also excellent. They are worth the money.

Top Bottom