what is your trailer ? camp trailer , teardrop , travel trailer or ????????

aTX427

I am really wanting a Bloomer crawler hauler. According to the governor, anything I get better have a shower, heat and AC.

Ddays

Hooked
This is what we're looking hard at. Hard to find a dealer though. Probably gonna have to drive a ways.

vista-cruiser-17rwdexterior.jpg

MotoCult

I really like the off road teardrops but the price not so much.You can get a brand new 4 x 8 cargo trailers around here
for about $1300.My plan is to have one custom made that is 4 x 10 and build the inside in the same fashion as the teardrops layout.
Hopefully I can get this going in the next year.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^ I've looked into that a bit. There are companies out there now making upgrades for box trailers. You can get windows, slides, beds, all sorts of stuff.

Upgraded box trailers are fairly common with the motorcycle (street bike) track crowd.

PT1400

It's not much. Built for under $500. We tent camp. Planning on upping the springs a bit and taller tires this winter. The pic is of it loaded.

FB_IMG_1500745915443.jpg

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
This is what we're looking hard at. Hard to find a dealer though. Probably gonna have to drive a ways.

View attachment 269221

haven't seen one firsthand yet or looked at them to much... but have heard of them ... i'm sure by the time I am ready to do this there will be a lot more options than there are now ................. it seems like this whole area is just really beginning to take off here , as folks begin to realize just how beautiful alot of this country really is and are starting to get more into getting out there an seeing it for themselves instead of just enjoying the sights from others pictures ........for me it is more how I was when I was growing up and into my 30's I think my upcoming 50'th has me realizing ive fallen into the trap of settling down and cant stand myself for allowing it to happen ...

I really like the off road teardrops but the price not so much.You can get a brand new 4 x 8 cargo trailers around here
for about $1300.My plan is to have one custom made that is 4 x 10 and build the inside in the same fashion as the teardrops layout.
Hopefully I can get this going in the next year.

this is a option I am considering as well as I have seen quite a few converted ones that look really nice , and it can be done inside the way I want as for total setup which is always a plus when you think about it ....

I am really wanting a Bloomer crawler hauler. According to the governor, anything I get better have a shower, heat and AC.

hadn't heard of these will have to check them out for sure , being as I will be living in it as full time rubber tramp I am wanting to be sure it has a few of the basics as well , ac , some form of shower even if it is a outside one , ac , heat but no biggie here honestly as a little buddy heater will more than suffice if it doesn't have it , and a toilet simply as when ya wake up in the middle of the night and you don't really wanna dig a hole its just a lot nicer to not have to at times ...

It's not much. Built for under $500. We tent camp. Planning on upping the springs a bit and taller tires this winter. The pic is of it loaded.

View attachment 269242

right now I just load up the jeep and like you tent camp as it is the way I prefer to do although I did sleep in the jeep when I was up at Bryce simply as they already had a fair amount of snow on the ground which as I was only there for a single night didn't think it was worth clearing a spot to pitch the tent , and more fell the night I was there ....

Resqnu

A winni drop and a micro minne by Winnebago are nice. winni drop is like an r-pod and micro minne is a little bigger. I currently have a pop up, but looking for a hard side to make traveling easier.
IMG_8357.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jwalt

I ended up building a teardrop to pull behind mine. I bought a 5x8 bare trailer from a commercial builder with a 3500 lb axle and then built from there. It fits a queen size mattress and then holds a stove and 65 can cooler in the hatch. Its been way more work and more of an investment than I originally anticipated but it pulls easy and is comfortable. It allows more room to take stuff camping than just the jeep including the tent the kids set up next to us.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I ended up building a teardrop to pull behind mine. I bought a 5x8 bare trailer from a commercial builder with a 3500 lb axle and then built from there. It fits a queen size mattress and then holds a stove and 65 can cooler in the hatch. Its been way more work and more of an investment than I originally anticipated but it pulls easy and is comfortable. It allows more room to take stuff camping than just the jeep including the tent the kids set up next to us.

Show some shots .. would love to see it .....

A winni drop and a micro minne by Winnebago are nice. winni drop is like an r-pod and micro minne is a little bigger. I currently have a pop up, but looking for a hard side to make traveling easier.
View attachment 269267

Seen em they happen to pushing right at the edge of weight limit for towing ...am trying and hoping for something with a dry weight in the 1500-2500 range so my milage doesnt totally go to shit ..i figure roughly for just me prollly 500# worth of stuff .. wanna do my best to stay under 3000# gross weight

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked

We looked at that trailer and its really nice. The only thing we didn't like about it was the dinette in the bumpout. We wanted it with a couch instead. No go with them.

I don't love cooking where I sleep but that 191 does look nice.

I thought I was the only one that thought that way. I asked if they could do a kitchen delete but was told no. A microwave and counter would be plenty. I'm curious how many folks actually use those ovens? I'd rather gain a couple hundred pounds in weight savings.

Rocralr

I have a 2015 JKU with 37 inch tires and 5:13 gears. It has the auto trans and lots of armor. I tow a R Pod md#179. Dry its about 2900+. No oven but everything else. When its loaded I'm pushing 3500 lbs, which is the max tow for my JKU. The JKU tows it w/o any problems. The only time I have a problem is on the very steep 4k+ mountains and then I just slow down and stay with the big trucks. I just added a supercharger to the JKU and I will see if that is any better. It sure seems to have a lot more power. Take care and stay safe.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I have a 2015 JKU with 37 inch tires and 5:13 gears. It has the auto trans and lots of armor. I tow a R Pod md#179. Dry its about 2900+. No oven but everything else. When its loaded I'm pushing 3500 lbs, which is the max tow for my JKU. The JKU tows it w/o any problems. The only time I have a problem is on the very steep 4k+ mountains and then I just slow down and stay with the big trucks. I just added a supercharger to the JKU and I will see if that is any better. It sure seems to have a lot more power. Take care and stay safe.

I looked at the rpods while I kinda liked em I didn't care for some things on it one being the weight as I want to try and stay below the 3k mark and as it will just be me living out of it I figure I should be able to find something decent enough size while still keeping below that ....
looking at things like the casita , tab outback series (like the higher ground clearance it offers ) , even tear drop off road trailer that don't have much beyond a bed ......... something that wont destroy my mileage as it will be towed pretty often ...

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I don't love cooking where I sleep but that 191 does look nice.

We looked at that trailer and its really nice. The only thing we didn't like about it was the dinette in the bumpout. We wanted it with a couch instead. No go with them.

I thought I was the only one that thought that way. I asked if they could do a kitchen delete but was told no. A microwave and counter would be plenty. I'm curious how many folks actually use those ovens? I'd rather gain a couple hundred pounds in weight savings.

My folks had one for years, and only cooked breakfast, occasionally.

It does look nice but daym that weight be hell on milage for a long haul

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'm averaging 10 mpg, pulling the R-Pod 178. I doubt it would be much worse, and I think the JKU would handle it. I am geared to 4.88 with metric 35's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom