East coast Moab?

dustinfromohio

Look up the KAT Kentucky adventure trail or the DBBB trail Daniel Boone back country byway you can link it all together start in KY and end at windrock

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That DBBB looks pretty awesome for a long weekend trip, have you wheeled it personally? Just curious what the minimum vehicle requirements would be.

A

Andy29847

East Coast Wheeling

The Kentucky Adventure Tour is good wheeling. The base route can be done with most stock 4x4s. There are some hard sections where you need good clearance and bigger tires. There are a lot of water crossings and some muddy sections. I went last year snd I want to go back. Here is a movie I made from hard 6 -

The Smokey Mountains 500 is a route I developed. It was originally published for motorcycles and is designed as a 3 day ride with stops at motorcycle campgrounds. It runs through Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee. It is also a good ride for 4x4s. There are variations for 5 day rides and 1000 mile rides too. Some pictures here:

Both of these rides have Facebook Group pages that are active. You can go there to download the route (gpx files), learn about current trail conditions, food stops, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
So my buddy and I are discussing a 7-9 day trip sometime mid/late summer this year. The plan is to take our two Jeeps, the girlfriends, the dogs, and my daughter for a week of mild trail riding, sight seeing, hiking and camping mixed in with some local eats and breweries. Utah or Colorado would be a dream destination but I’m wondering if there is anywhere closer to Ohio that would still be awesome but make the trip a little easier. Colorado is 20 hours and Utah is a full day plus. Preferably little to no mud, just easy trails and great scenery!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Honest answer? No. There is nothing on the east coast that comes close to what's out west, which is why I take at least one trip a year out there. It's not even close. If going with a kid, pack in a way where you can put one seat down so they can sleep full length into the cargo area. Also, leave at night, like 9pm, so they can sleep, and you'll be 10 hours into the drive when they wake up.....then a few hours on the ipad, a nap, and the scenery will get interesting where the last little bit is a non issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom