2007 JKU Sahara Front Axle Options

Livin4Today

Hey Gang, I'm looking for options to fill out my new front axle. I've already acquired a very well built D44 Rubicon housing (built to Pro rock standards),
but it's empty... :rolleyes2:

So my initial plan was ARB Air Locker/RCV 35 splines, but I want to consider all option including a Detroit/Spartan tagged to RCVs, E-Lockers etc. :thumb:

So here I ask you for not just an opinion. But the ideals that back-up your choice(s), in other words why you chose to tell me why your choice should be my choice...

Let the games begin, oh and I'm hoping to start spending later this week, so don't hold back and Thanks in advance!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's hard to beat an ARB air locker. They are tough and proven. Going 35 spline will help give you a lot more strength too.

Livin4Today

It's hard to beat an ARB air locker. They are tough and proven. Going 35 spline will help give you a lot more strength too.

Oddly the reason, I'm looking at alternatives, is mainly do to the video you guys shot I think on the Rubicon Trail, where the (beautiful) blonde rolled her white JK, because she couldn't steer herself away from the wall/side hill. That and knowing my girlfriend likes to drive, I'd hate to have to experience that 1st hand, so I thought, auto-locker, and simply let out of the throttle to steer... Again thinking of my gf...:blush:

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oddly the reason, I'm looking at alternatives, is mainly do to the video you guys shot I think on the Rubicon Trail, where the (beautiful) blonde rolled her white JK, because she couldn't steer herself away from the wall/side hill. That and knowing my girlfriend likes to drive, I'd hate to have to experience that 1st hand, so I thought, auto-locker, and simply let out of the throttle to steer... Again thinking of mt gf...:blush:

What happened to the gal in question had nothing to do with the locker she was using. There is no simply letting off of the throttle when you're in low range 1st gear - you're Jeep will just want to keep rolling forward regardless.

Livin4Today

I was envisioning hill climbs, she gets a bit skiddish nearing the top... I'm always telling her to stay with it and she won't have to back/slide down backwards, but ever since she sailed a quad over a drop-off years ago, she tends to hesitate at the top losing the necessary momentum to carry her through...
lol

Top Bottom