My life with a Brick

Draconianwinter

Thanks, I saw timken and moog on rock auto, not sure which is better, timken are a hair more so maybe better?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
Just be careful when you make the purchase of those Timken bearings. Timken makes them here in the USA and in China. The USA ones have Timken laser etched while the Chinese ones are ink stamped. That is the only noticeable difference between them until you run them and the Chinese ones will not last anywhere near as long.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

Just be careful when you make the purchase of those Timken bearings. Timken makes them here in the USA and in China. The USA ones have Timken laser etched while the Chinese ones are ink stamped. That is the only noticeable difference between them until you run them and the Chinese ones will not last anywhere near as long.

Interesting, thanks for the heads up I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Interesting, thanks for the heads up I appreciate it

No problem. I only learned that about 2 years ago when I had to replace wheel bearings on my cj7 thankfully the guy showed me what to look for as he kept a set of both so people would know the difference. Like most of us here he only buys American unless it is just not made at all in America

JKbrick

I can't figure out how to post a video but I took the front passenger side apart last night to put on the knuckle Jeeeep sent me and my lower ball joint is just hanging there all floppy and loose. Really odd with only 13,500 miles and I've never had anything other than the stock rubicon tires on it. Good thing I bought a set of pro steers on here a couple years ago for this reason. They are used so I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass. Then I woke up at 0100 puking my guts out till 0630 so I will not be completing this today

jeeeep

Hooked
I can't figure out how to post a video but I took the front passenger side apart last night to put on the knuckle Jeeeep sent me and my lower ball joint is just hanging there all floppy and loose. Really odd with only 13,500 miles and I've never had anything other than the stock rubicon tires on it. Good thing I bought a set of pro steers on here a couple years ago for this reason. They are used so I hope that doesn't bite me in the ass. Then I woke up at 0100 puking my guts out till 0630 so I will not be completing this today

that's a hell of a way to wake up, hope it passes quick.

floppy ball joints not a good thing but hopefully the Dynatraacs will do the job :2thumbsup:

make sure they're not loose before you install them, the shafts should be pretty hard to move.

jeeeep

Hooked
Soak them with PB blast, beat them with a hammer and keep pressing. They are a bitch sometimes.

this-^^ I had one that was being stubborn - I was using an impact wrench so I was able to put pressure on it while I hit the end of the knuckle with a 3lb sledge. couple of good hits popped it loose

JKbrick

this-^^ I had one that was being stubborn - I was using an impact wrench so I was able to put pressure on it while I hit the end of the knuckle with a 3lb sledge. couple of good hits popped it loose

I must be doing it upside down? The top part of the screw on my press is up against the top of the coil, even with that side drooped. The papers from Dynatrac say remove the top one first

Top Bottom