Commando Green: Show off going commando

UndeadJeeper

agt_topless.jpg

This is the Angry Green Tomato, bone stock the day after I took possession. It goes into the shop next week for a lift and tires.

The Rubicon hood decals are in "camouflage" color as are the Jeep logos by the trail rated badge, furthering the "commando" theme :)

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

View attachment 45621

This is the Angry Green Tomato, bone stock the day after I took possession. It goes into the shop next week for a lift and tires.

The Rubicon hood decals are in "camouflage" color as are the Jeep logos by the trail rated badge, furthering the "commando" theme :)

I sure wish I got a Rubicon...Looking good! Can you please post up a close up of the camo decals? I am a camo junky...What lift and tires you going with?

UndeadJeeper

I sure wish I got a Rubicon...Looking good! Can you please post up a close up of the camo decals? I am a camo junky...What lift and tires you going with?

Here are two close-ups, one of the "wrangler unlimited" and one of the "Rubicon". When I first saw the commando green online and in a catalogue I wasn't really sold on it... But seeing it in person and how it varies a little bit depending on the light, I'm hooked and absolutely love this color.

photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg

Last edited:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Here are two close-ups, one of the "wrangler unlimited" and one of the "Rubicon". When I first saw the commando green online and in a catalogue I wasn't really sold on it... But seeing it in person and how it varies a little bit depending on the light, I'm hooked and absolutely love this color.

Those look awesome thank you. I knew I wanted the idea of the Commando green and a Rubicon. The girlfriend and I got bored one day and went looking at Chrysler products...They had one Rubicon I wouldn't and didn't buy and one Commando green that I lowered my standards and left with hahaha. I love this color and my Jeep but, a Rubicon would have fit my situation better. Oh well, more building for me I suppose :rock:

UndeadJeeper

Those look awesome thank you. I knew I wanted the idea of the Commando green and a Rubicon. The girlfriend and I got bored one day and went looking at Chrysler products...They had one Rubicon I wouldn't and didn't buy and one Commando green that I lowered my standards and left with hahaha. I love this color and my Jeep but, a Rubicon would have fit my situation better. Oh well, more building for me I suppose :rock:

Forgot to answer your other question. I'm getting a Clayton 3.5" long-arm lift and I'm putting it up on Goodyear Kevlar Wrangler M/T 35x12.5s. I think with this color it's going to look amazing.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Forgot to answer your other question. I'm getting a Clayton 3.5" long-arm lift and I'm putting it up on Goodyear Kevlar Wrangler M/T 35x12.5s. I think with this color it's going to look amazing.

Looks like a good kit, never heard of them before. 'Merican made! Your rig will be looking badass and you'll be going anywhere you want with it!

UndeadJeeper

Looks like a good kit, never heard of them before. 'Merican made! Your rig will be looking badass and you'll be going anywhere you want with it!

I'm taking it in Monday morning. The full build for the lift includes:
  • Upgraded CV front drive shaft
  • 4x Billstein shock upgrade
  • Engine skid plate
  • Transfer case skid plate
  • Exhaust spacer and XP loop delete
  • Front skid plate (under bumper where the cheap plastic thing is now)
  • Wheel spacers since I'm keeping the stock 17" rubicon rims (I love the Willy's Jeep logo on the aluminum)
  • Clayton 3.5" long-arm lift

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I'm taking it in Monday morning. The full build for the lift includes:
  • Upgraded CV front drive shaft
  • 4x Billstein shock upgrade
  • Engine skid plate
  • Transfer case skid plate
  • Exhaust spacer and XP loop delete
  • Front skid plate (under bumper where the cheap plastic thing is now)
  • Wheel spacers since I'm keeping the stock 17" rubicon rims (I love the Willy's Jeep logo on the aluminum)
  • Clayton 3.5" long-arm lift

Sounds good...I think the exhaust spacer is NOT needed when you replace the front driveshaft...Might want to double check but it may save you a few dollars...

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Sounds good...I think the exhaust spacer is NOT needed when you replace the front driveshaft...Might want to double check but it may save you a few dollars...

It's not needed unless you have big flex without the proper bump stops. I know of one person running both because they were close even with a front shaft.

tugoo

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378171199.053885.jpg

Mine in the front and a buddy's parked behind mine! This is my favorite color so far!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tugoo

Thanks, my better half gets the credit for the shot!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

HILLZ

Powerlines 1.jpg Serpentine lights.jpg

I went to my Jeep dealership with every intention of getting my JKU in Silver but the i saw the Commando Green and just had to buy it..
so this is my rig! :rock::rock:

Top Bottom