DANA Ultimate UD60 TORTURE TESTED & PROVEN on the JL / JT Experience

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s great that they have responded to the issues and complaints from the JK line and produced a set of axles that’s in worth of the ultimate name.

Agreed. I've had a chance to talk to Dana and they take what they do seriously. They are true enthusiasts and ones who get out on a regular basis and wheel! Here's a shot of them working it at the Jeep Experience in Texas earlier in the year.

20190517152728-dbb7b2d0-me.jpg

bkac

Caught the Bug
DANA Ultimate UD60s TORTURE TESTED & PROVEN on the JL / JT Experience

I’ve always been a fan of them even back in 14-15 when they were the not so liked axle choice. I had a upper rear control arm bracket break off of one of the early axles.I had them for over a year. I emailed spicer and they overnighted me a new bracket and seal no questions asked. In my opinion that’s awesome customer service. I hammered on those axles to the point of abuse and never a hiccup. Back when the savings was $5-7k it was well worth the trial. They really changed and aligned the market on aftermarket Bolt in axles. I hear they have some more awesome stuff in the works too. It’s a division of spicer that their engineers are true off-road enthusiasts. After watching them all week on the JLX hands down they can take a beating and keep on giving.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It’s great how the shots captured the wheel spin going on

Just goes to show just how much skinny pedal was needed. There was absolutely NO crawling on these trails :crazyeyes:

I’ve always been a fan of them even back in 14-15 when they were the hated axle choice. I had a upper rear control arm bracket break off of one of the early axles. I had them for over a year. I emailed spicer and they overnighted me a new bracket and seal no questions asked. In my opinion that’s awesome customer service. I hammered on those axles to the point of abuse and never a hiccup. Back when the savings was $5-7k it was well worth the trial. They really changed and aligned the market on aftermarket Bolt in axles. I hear they have some more awesome stuff in the works too. It’s a division of spicer that their engineers are true off-road enthusiasts. After watching them all week on the JLX hands down they can take a beating and keep on giving.

Full disclosure, I was one of the skeptics especially after seeing some of the early breaks. Fortunately, I've had a chance to meet the good folks at Dana and was surprised at how passionate they are about wheeling and the products they make. Certainly, they listen to what's going on and try to improve upon what they have. After wheeling with them Texas, it made it hard for me to not give them a try and so far, I'm really happy that I did. Seeing is believing and we sure had a weeks worth of it and in places that I think really put them to the test.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Just goes to show just how much skinny pedal was needed. There was absolutely NO crawling on these trails :crazyeyes:

Full disclosure, I was one of the skeptics especially after seeing some of the early breaks. Fortunately, I've had a chance to meet the good folks at Dana and was surprised at how passionate they are about wheeling and the products they make. Certainly, they listen to what's going on and try to improve upon what they have. After wheeling with them Texas, it made it hard for me to not give them a try and so far, I'm really happy that I did. Seeing is believing and we sure had a weeks worth of it and in places that I think really put them to the test.

Couldn’t agree more, the engineers will happily listen and talk to you when you run into them. A top notch group of guys. Competition can be an amazing thing, especially for us consumers. It keeps the manufacturers striving for excellence, or at least one would hope. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couldn’t agree more, the engineers will happily listen and talk to you when you run into them. A top notch group of guys. Competition can be an amazing thing, especially for us consumers. It keeps the manufacturers striving for excellence, or at least one would hope. [emoji4]

What's cool is that Dana Spicer is a HUGE company, a tier 1 company and one that really doesn't need to get into the business of making specialized axles. I mean, if anything, everyone else is making aftermarket axles and parts for them based on what Dana already makes. The 44 or 60 are in fact Dana model numbers. Like you said, competition is an amazing thing and one that only benefits us, the consumers and I'm glad that Dana is helping that along :)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What’s Dana’s warranty like? If you happen to break something would be good to know how they stand behind their product

Exodus 4x4

What's cool is that Dana Spicer is a HUGE company, a tier 1 company and one that really doesn't need to get into the business of making specialized axles. I mean, if anything, everyone else is making aftermarket axles and parts for them based on what Dana already makes. The 44 or 60 are in fact Dana model numbers. Like you said, competition is an amazing thing and one that only benefits us, the consumers and I'm glad that Dana is helping that along :)

Just don’t break them, and they’re great. 93 days is a little much to wait for a part.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What’s Dana’s warranty like? If you happen to break something would be good to know how they stand behind their product

That's a great question. I recently talked to Dana about this and they said that if I were to break something, I would need to contact the vendor I got my axles from. Being that I got them through Off Road Evolution, I asked Mel if I or any customer of his would have any issues getting something warrantied and he said, no. Until or unless there is an actual need for me to put this to their warranty to the test, I can only go off of what Mel said and for me, I am comforted by it. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just don’t break them, and they’re great. 93 days is a little much to wait for a part.

I was on the JL/JT Experience when you had your break so I only recently got a chance to catch up on things. Sucks that you had a break and wish I could have seen how it happened. For all the hammering we did back east, spinning tires and having them suddenly stop as they found traction, I totally expected to see some carnage. But, none happened. As far as the 93 days go, that sounds nuts and really, I don't know what to say about that. Being that I got my axles through Mel, I asked him how long it would take for me to get a replacement shaft if needed and he just asked, would Ground would be okay or would I need it faster? :idontknow:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What Coz said it would be nice to know the warranty part aspect and having some info from Bubba it is not that positive just yet

As mentioned, I asked Dana about warranties and they said I would need to contact the vendor I got my axles from. Again, I talked to Mel about this and he didn't even bat an eye about it. He said that if I or any customer of his needed to have something warrantied, he would get it taken care of.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
That's a great question. I recently talked to Dana about this and they said that if I were to break something, I would need to contact the vendor I got my axles from. Being that I got them through Off Road Evolution, I asked Mel if I or any customer of his would have any issues getting something warrantied and he said, no. Until or unless there is an actual need for me to put this to their warranty to the test, I can only go off of what Mel said and for me, I am comforted by it. :yup:

That’s great to hear! Seems like it will be a very hassle free experience if something happens to break.

Top Bottom