Cool ideas for decorations

David1tontj

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375847089.294189.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375847102.688662.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375847117.093332.jpg
This is our nursery for my new son. Expected sept 25th. It's ktm orange with a stencil of my 40" Iroks painted on as a divider.

tugoo

That's awesome; did you see that done before or just think of it? Either way its pretty cool!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

My wife's friend said her friend did a dirt bike tire, and we were going for dirt bike/4x4 theme. It took forever to cut out that template!

David1tontj

Most original. I might use toy tire to stripe my Jeep Hood.

Aesthesis

That would be awesome! If it was on mine I would have it do a couple laps on the hood, then park it like a hood ornament front and center like a Mack truck!! Just glue it down! Now you got me thinking!

that is a very cool idea! I am sure the time it took to "carefully" cut out each individual tread was enough to make you rethink the whole process :thinking: but the end result is VERY COOL! well done!!!

David1tontj

I want to do that for my boy's room! How do you do it?

Ok here it goes.
1- I chalked my tires in the garage
2- I aired them down so the entire lug was touching
3- ran over some building paper (you want a good 4 feet, the more the better)
4-continue over the paper, do not back over it a second time!!
5- patiently cut out the chalk marks on the paper. I put the paper over some cardboard to save my blade and act as a good cutting board
6- pick a point on the edge of a lug or somewhere that you can line up to stay on your level line, line it up and tape the template up
7- now use some push pins in the tread "voids" to keep the template tight to the wall. I used one or two about every 6"
8- spray the paint in, but not too heavily. Drips are bad, and bogging up your template is worse! You may have to let your template dry every 3-4 times to prevent smearing
9- when moving the template it is important to line up the tread with matching lugs to make it look consistent. On my Iroks it was every 5th outer lug.
10- Show it off and hope your kid likes it!! Good luck!!

David1tontj

Ok here it goes.
1- I chalked my tires in the garage
2- I aired them down so the entire lug was touching
3- ran over some building paper (you want a good 4 feet, the more the better)
4-continue over the paper, do not back over it a second time!!
5- patiently cut out the chalk marks on the paper. I put the paper over some cardboard to save my blade and act as a good cutting board
6- pick a point on the edge of a lug or somewhere that you can line up to stay on your level line, line it up and tape the template up
7- now use some push pins in the tread "voids" to keep the template tight to the wall. I used one or two about every 6"
8- spray the paint in, but not too heavily. Drips are bad, and bogging up your template is worse! You may have to let your template dry every 3-4 times to prevent smearing
9- when moving the template it is important to line up the tread with matching lugs to make it look consistent. On my Iroks it was every 5th outer lug.
10- Show it off and hope your kid likes it!! Good luck!!

Oops. Forgot pics ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375922388.013412.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375922406.395453.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375922421.629109.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375922441.239676.jpg

Top Bottom