Mirrors?

cdl

What are you guys using for replacement mirrors while your doors are off?

Thanks in advance

LadyJeeper

My husband runs Rugged Ridge quick release mirrors and likes them.

I'm considering the "round mirror on the vent" hack myself. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jhires

I use a cheap extension mirror with a bolt thru the hinge bracket. Was the state trooper who pulled me over for no mirrors that told me what he did with his jeep. :)

BlackRockBurner

Dietechs are great! Zero vibration cruising 75mph. Newer jeeps with power mirrors have to deal with the wires or just buy another set of mirrors. For those who actually use mirrors, these are the best: you don't have to retrain your brain since the mirrors and location are at the same place with doors off or on.

Ldogg

Dietechs are great! Zero vibration cruising 75mph. Newer jeeps with power mirrors have to deal with the wires or just buy another set of mirrors. For those who actually use mirrors, these are the best: you don't have to retrain your brain since the mirrors and location are at the same place with doors off or on.

Yeah I have been very happy with them. I like how the passenger side is still usable and they don't vibrate at all at speed.

They also look pretty cool too. :D
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1375905973.189145.jpg

KennyFrench

I use no mirrors. On interstate and all. No tickets or problems yet.

According to the Texas DPS website, in order to pass inspection, a vehicle is only required to have one rear-view mirror - either inside or outside. Currently, I run without when the doors are off, but I've gotten so used to using them when the doors are on that I catch myself still "using" them when the doors are off. :doh:

Hobolobo

According to the Texas DPS website, in order to pass inspection, a vehicle is only required to have one rear-view mirror - either inside or outside. Currently, I run without when the doors are off, but I've gotten so used to using them when the doors are on that I catch myself still "using" them when the doors are off. :doh:

I never could figure out if I had to have them legally, but I figured I'd go without until I got pulled over.

groovebus

I got a blind side mirror from an auto parts store and a longer bolt. Then just ran it thru the hinge; cost about $12.

matt08jk

I use quadratec's relocation bracket but only on the drivers side. If you relocate the passenger side you can't see it when doors on. My state, nc, among others requires at least a drivers side view anyway.

Army_Vet

Banned
I use quadratec's relocation bracket but only on the drivers side. If you relocate the passenger side you can't see it when doors on. My state, nc, among others requires at least a drivers side view anyway.

The good thing about the rugged ridge kit is that both sides are visible with the doors on or off, and no messing with extra mirrors or bolts or wrenches or zip ties or none of that nonsense....

Ldogg

My only issue with a pillar mounted ones is that if I get a 50" light bar they will interfere with the mounts for it. It takes me 10 minutes extra to put the dietech brackets on and swap my mirrors over.

Army_Vet

Banned
My only issue with a pillar mounted ones is that if I get a 50" light bar they will interfere with the mounts for it. It takes me 10 minutes extra to put the dietech brackets on and swap my mirrors over.

Well in that case I guess you get to spend the extra 10 minutes...

Not really a big deal though... oh well

bl17z90

I got a relocation bracket and moved my mirrors to the body. Can't see the passenger side unless the doors are off but i do head checks on that side anyways.

Top Bottom