Rubicon Locker Swaybar and ESP Switches Stopped working

Hyatt147

I hit my ESP off Button and nothing happened. So I tried turning my lockers on and again nothing happened. Same Problem with the Sway Bar Disconnect.

Hazard Light Switch Still is Working but I think that it may be on a different Circuit.

The Dash Lights aren't the problem because they still come on in other cases. 4Low ESP still goes off and light comes on.

Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks in advance!

BTW I did check Fuses and came up with no bad ones.

Serg5000

I think all those components you mentioned are on one harness. Check the main connection that's on the passenger side, right behind the head light. Here is a pic of it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375926056.330756.jpg

Hyatt147

I think all those components you mentioned are on one harness. Check the main connection that's on the passenger side, right behind the head light. Here is a pic of it. View attachment 43548

I'm trying to make it out from the picture. But where exactly is that? What time will you taking the picture from? Between my HID's and intake I might be looking directly I didn't have no idea. Honestly think you're right I was doing a lot of adjusting that area before the Jeep show

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using WAYALIFE mobile app

Serg5000

Passenger side right behind the head light. I don't have fender wells so its easier for me to find. I will take another picture. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375928794.739023.jpg
It's between the bottom of the air box and behind the light.

Hyatt147

I found it. It looks like it's intact but it's also night time and raining. I appreciate the input and ill definitely check it out let you know tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hyatt147

I have a 2008

Does your Hazard Light and Locker switches right up? All my Dash lights are on but I cant remember if those light up too. B/C they are out and when I turn my hazards on the button doesnt Flash

TheStick

Not to sound stupid but you were in 4Lo when you tried the lockers right? And 4lo or hi for the sway bar?

Hyatt147

Ive tried all that.

But even if you are in 2Hi the lights will blink on the Dash.

Its not so much as they are not engaging, its that the panel seems to be completely dead

Hyatt147

Also I just called a Buddy of mine and he told me that the buttons do Glow when his interior lights are on.

Mine currently do not

So now im feeling like the panel may have just died ....

Zstairlessone

Also I just called a Buddy of mine and he told me that the buttons do Glow when his interior lights are on.

Mine currently do not

So now im feeling like the panel may have just died ....

I'll check tonight for the glow, but I don't remember mine ever lighting up with the headlights. It could be because I turn my dash lights pretty dim though

Edit: dark enough in the garage. Learned something new - the switches do light up with the headlight switch. Also, engine off, accessories position and the dash lights operate in 2-hi for lockers, ESP, swaybar. ESP light will come on, swaybar and lockers flashed until I operated the switch like returning to normal.

Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, I've had other wired can-bus electrical gremlins pop up that we're cleared by doing that.

Last edited:

That_guy

I'll check tonight for the glow, but I don't remember mine ever lighting up with the headlights. It could be because I turn my dash lights pretty dim though

I checked with a buddy of mine, they do light up with the headlights when everything is working

lbredefe

did anyone solve this?????

I have a huge wheeling trip this weekend and just tested everything today! PROBLEM IS THE EXACT SAME AS OP. every button but the hazards, is not working.

no lockers
no esp off
no sway bar

i will check the wiring harness and disco the battery during lunch and see if that is it.

please let me know if you have found a solution. trip will be very challenging without lockers.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Sway bar fuse is j11, front and rear locker fuse is m3. If anybody wasn't sure on which fuses to check

Top Bottom