This may be a dumb question/idea but...

Hobolobo

Im thinking of removing the carpet in my jk because its like velcro for pet hair and its damn near impossible to get sand out of after a naked weekend at the beach. My question is how many of yall have done this, and what benefits/downsides are there to it? Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Not a dumb question or idea at all. there are at least a few members on here that have done this. the one downside i have heard is it makes it louder in the cab, and colder during winter months. see that your from texas i dont think the cold is a problem lol. so it just comes down to it being a noise issue for you.

Skid_Kid

If you do it, then I would recommend using a roll on or spray on bed liner.

Sent from my PRC-119

joelbarras20

I just ordered bedtred by bed rug its a rubber flooring that replaces carpet and has the insulation on the back.

RedFox

I did this, and I will never go back to carpet. I agree with you, pet hair sucks. Things also get stuck underneath the carpet like McDonalds French fries, washers, sand, etc. Taking the carpet out lets you see the grime and be able to clean out your tub easily. All those issues mentioned like heat, noise, etc dont bother me or my family one bit. The noise helps my kid sleep. And take the previous advice given and bedline the tub to add some surface material for durability and aesthetic purposes. At the end of the day, it's up to you. You can try it and go back later, unless you cut up your carpet with a knife like I did to be able to remove the entire thing easier

Tcdawg

My carpet has been gone for a long time. Got Rhino Liner installed. I wouldn't go back to carpet.

Easier to clean, no problem getting it wet. It is at ouch louder but its never been a big deal with me. I have not found it to be any colder in the winter but it is a little hotter in the summer.

Hobolobo

My carpet has been gone for a long time. Got Rhino Liner installed. I wouldn't go back to carpet.

Easier to clean, no problem getting it wet. It is at ouch louder but its never been a big deal with me. I have not found it to be any colder in the winter but it is a little hotter in the summer.

Summertime is when i figured id have problems. Nothing i cant handle tho. My pregnant wife however...

matt08jk

First thing I did to my JK was yank the carpet out...Ive haven't regretted it yet. Easy to pull the drain plugs and spray out, if it rains...so what?, just makes a lot of things easier. I haven't noticed it being that loud and with rubber mats you can easily give it a finished look. My vote: pull that carpet out! :beer:

FrankenJeeper

I removed my carpet and lined the inside with Duplicolor bed armor and love it!

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

When you did it did you leave the plastic molding to cover the wires and stuff like that?

Sent from my iPhone

Hobolobo

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376054497.056650.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376054515.538577.jpg

Thanks guys! Ripped it out this morning before everybody woke up and only took 5-10 min. Now to wait for bedliner.
Has anybody had experience with u-pol raptor liner?

bl17z90

I pulled mine out from under the seats but left the cargo. I got heavy floormats that won't blow away with the doors off that way if i am barefoot i don't get burned by the floor :thumb:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I pulled my carpets because I was tired of getting caught in the rain. Its so much easier to maintain and I don't have to worry about the carpet drying out when I do get rained on. I only removed the floor carper, and left the carpet around the wheel wells so my kids don't burn themselves when riding in the back on sunny days. The only issue I have had is the floor mats I use (RR All Terrain Floor Liners) sometimes slip, but not too bad. With that said, I will be doing the Hurculiner bed liner soon. I used it on my old Jeep, and it worked great. I honestly don't see much difference in the noise.

Top Bottom