Mounting gas can

13JKUR

Currently I'm running no spare tire but still have my factory tire carrier on and I am in need of having a extra gas on my jeep. Is there anyone out there that has a recommendation for an inexpensive way to mount a gas can, Jerry can, rotopax on my factory tire carrier. I'm trying to do this without spending a lot including buying the gas can

13JKUR

I'm not sure I want it inside of the vehicle. If I do something inside of the vehicle ill just get a nicer standard gas can and strap it down.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What rear bumper are you planning to get? Why not just wait and get gas when you get that bumper/carrier?

13JKUR

Haha I just found out today we had to have one. I think I'll go the ole standard gas can and fill up when I get there and strap it in the back. Trying to save money for...well....gas

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Haha I just found out today we had to have one. I think I'll go the ole standard gas can and fill up when I get there and strap it in the back. Trying to save money for...well....gas

Really? He posted on Facebook two months that you needed gas and GPS. Lol

13JKUR

Gas was recommended not required, I believe, now its a necessity. I could be wrong but no big deal, ill get a standard 5 gallon so I know vapors wont get out.

13JKUR

And my whole build started only two months prior to it so I guess everything was kinda last minute :)

MTG

Caught the Bug
Just get a few ziploc baggies and a bungee cord. :thumb:

The Rebel one posted above was the one I was thinking of.

13JKUR

Just get a few ziploc baggies and a bungee cord. :thumb:

The Rebel one posted above was the one I was thinking of.

Yeah that looks nice but I'm already over my budget for my jeep oops lol. So I need to not spend hardly anything or else I won't make it back from the JKX haha. Plus this will probably be the only time I will ever really "need" extra gas.

Atch

I'd be looking at a way to mount some rotopax on the tailgate. The 37" spare will take up a lot of room in the back along with everything else you will have with you on the JKX.

ttfhell

Is it only five gallons that is needed? If more that's a lot of gas cans inside....

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What atch and ttfhell said. I would look into other alternatives. If 100 dollars is going to make or break you I wouldn't recommend going at all.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Yeah that looks nice but I'm already over my budget for my jeep oops lol. So I need to not spend hardly anything or else I won't make it back from the JKX haha. Plus this will probably be the only time I will ever really "need" extra gas.

Get something like this: http://www.quadratec.com/products/12202_3000.htm

Then fab up a bracket to mount it to your tailgate.

Why do you still have your factory carrier anyway? You are not throwing that 37 Nitto on there anytime soon. :thinking:

Last edited:

13JKUR

Running with no spare on the tailgate. I will have the spare standing up in the back strapped down. It's not that the $100 will break me it's the fact that I will probably never use it other than for this and I'm sure a 5 gallon is going to be enough.

Top Bottom