Page 3 of 325 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Cozdude's build of Knuckles

After multiple trips to Rausch creek on the spacer lift and the 32" tires I knew I needed to do more to the jeep. I was hooked! I knew I needed some way to help me get unstuck if I ever did. So a winch and bumper combo was next! When looking around I didn't like the looks of full with front bumpers. I wanted to get away from it so a stubby was the only way. Also I made sure that I would retain my factory fogs. I ended up going with the rugged ridge stubby. This stubby was a build it your way set up with many configurations which is why I liked it. Then picking a winch was next. I ended up going with the Quadratec Q9000. All I knew is that it was a great price and per reviews it was a very strong winch. The winch was very rarely get used but I figured its great to have.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376743890.971890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

After a while I knew I needed to find people to go wheeling with. I was hooked! So I started looking for jeep clubs around me and forums to be apart of. In the spring after tons of time looking I found Wayalife. Couldn't be happier to be apart of this forum! I have learned so much in the past few months its insane. I didn't know about gear ratios being a big deal, why a rubi was so much better, why wheel spacers (like spidatrax) are better then shims, etc etc. it opened my eyes a lot to the jeep world even more! For that I thank Eddie and all of you that helped answer my stupid questions at times. You rock!

Ok so enough of the sappy stuff back to the build. One cool thing I saw on a few jeeps was the back grill accenting the main color of the jeep. I REALLY liked this look and knew I had to do it. Already knowing about plasti-dip from their YouTube videos I went this route and ordered there kit online. Then one night it was game time.

Off comes the grill
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744537.638914.jpg

Bug free and ready to spray
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744563.754152.jpg

5 coats later
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744582.020037.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744588.693262.jpg

Finished on the jeep
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376744621.367196.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-

jlwrangler.com

Just read through the all of the thread so far. Jeep looks amazing, especially the up to date picture. Can't wait to read the rest of the thread as it comes!!
    Andrew
    Jeeplife : )

Good looking rig!
    Hows the ride with 35s and stock gears?

Quote Originally Posted by JLE21 View Post
    Good looking rig!
    Hows the ride with 35s and stock gears?
    It isn't bad. I have the 3.8 so it's sluggish as is. I will regear at some point but that is a while away. I'm in no rush

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by cozdude; 08-20-2013 at 02:04 PM.

2011 JK

Awaiting install-
    On Order-

jlwrangler.com

After wheeling a few times on the BB and 32's, along with some persuasion on here, I knew I needed to upgrade.

So 35's and a 2.5" coil lift it was. But which ones to choose.

So choosing tires was the easy part. I LOVED the look of the mud grapplers from day one! Didn't care how loud they were on the road, I just knew they would be an all around amazing tire. I ordered them from discount tire since they were the cheapest, even with the warranty, in 315/70r16. Was told 5-7 days for shipping and got them in 3!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377006441.915767.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377006461.097952.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

2011 JK

Awaiting install-
    On Order-

jlwrangler.com

Then came the choice of the lift. After all the research and knowledge gained on here I wanted the Bilstein 5100 shocks. From the sound of it they would add a smoothness to any ride even if the coils were extreamly stiff. Now for the coils, as much as I wanted the enforcer lift it was way out of my budget. So the next best thing was a lift I have seen in action with 37's and 33's. Both Hinrich and jkmadness both run the Teraflex 2.5 lift and they both said very positive things about it. So I said what the hell, it's a great price and comes with a lot of parts.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007269.272814.jpg

A week later it was getting installed!
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007291.795557.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007304.423604.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007318.069957.jpg

And as you saw in my first few posts this is how it's turned out!
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377007348.504035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone
    Last edited by cozdude; 08-20-2013 at 02:05 PM.

2011 JK

Awaiting install-
    On Order-

jlwrangler.com

Nice, very nice. I really like the black front grill; I'm planning on doing that with my white Jeep.

Quote Originally Posted by KennyFrench View Post
    Nice, very nice. I really like the black front grill; I'm planning on doing that with my white Jeep.
    thanks Kenny! yea i really like the black grill. 2 cans of Plasti-dip ($14) and a few hours of your time (due to drying times) and your done. i did 5 coats but you can get away with 3-4 coats easily.

2011 JK

Awaiting install-
    On Order-

jlwrangler.com

I'm jelous of the mud grapplers but my lady said that she would not ride in mine if I got those so I went with the trail grapplers, and she is happy with them.
    ~Zach

2010 2dr Wrangler Sport
    AEV 2.5 Coil Lift
    Evo Sliders, gussets, and control arm skids
    Spidertrax 1.75 Spacers
    35 Nitto Trail Grapplers
    LOD Signature Series Rear Bumper

Page 3 of 325 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast