Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I figured since I have done a lot of work to my jeep over the last month or so I would finally start a build thread. Over the next week or so I will share my thoughts and upgrades of what was done up until where I sit today. This will be a long and drawn out build due to money and things so bear with me.

July 2011 I picked up my jeep. It's a 2011 2 door sport in Flame Red. This is a major upgrade from my '95 Geo Prism. When I got it I had no idea what I was getting into with all the mods and things to come.

Here is how the jeep sat when I grabbed picked it up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376047551.766701.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376047558.952682.jpg
Man I do not miss those tires!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Are these recent pics? Nice jeep man! :)

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

Lol no these are two years old. This is the most recent pic of how my jeep sits today. i will be doing my build like KP did and recap everything i have done to my jeep.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376055087.434836.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

KPM171

i will be doing my build like KP did and recap everything i have done to my jeep.
Sent from my iPhone

I approve! :D

Glad you scrapped those OEM bicycle tires that came on it from the factory. Those things are terrible. Did you spin out every-time the weather man said 10% chance of rain?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I approve! :D

Glad you scrapped those OEM bicycle tires that came on it from the factory. Those things are terrible. Did you spin out every-time the weather man said 10% chance of rain?

im glad you approve!

honestly i got the jeep in the middle of the summer and it didnt rain that much. they were only on for about 3k miles before i ditched them

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
One of my first upgrades to the Jeep was a very funny one from my mom. it was a tire cover for the spare. My mom said that while looking for spare tire covers for me she stumbled upon this one and instantly started laughing and loved it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376076536.199964.jpg

To her it looked like me. She said i had the same smile on my face driving the my jeep down the road! now that im farther into my Wayalife journey im sure we can all say we have had the same smile on our face at one point or another.

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Knowing that the little trike wheels made the jeep look scrawny and pitiful I knew they were next.

Choosing a new rim was the easier part of the two. My thoughts were simple, it needed to be all black, very little chrome to none, and a simple design. My stepdad suggested I look at Crager since he knew they were a good wheel company. So I did and I instantly feel in love with the soft 8 design they had so I ordered the cheapest pair I could find from Jegs. When they were shipped the boxes were destroyed and the rims were chipped all over as well. So I called Jegs and they accepted a return and sent me a new set. Once again all chipped. So I returned them and started searching once again. I like the soft 8 design so much that I looked only for the soft 8 style. Eventually I came across Black Rock's on Quadratec and bought them. Instantly upon arrival I knew they would be perfect since they were double boxed and wrapped in tons of foam.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078370.431395.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice looking rig! Looks soo much better now than when you bought it! I really like the black grille.

thank you! yea it has come a long way. the black grill is probably my favorite cheap mod i have done. makes it stand out from the rest a little bit more

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Next was tires. They had to be a good all-terrain tire that was aggressive looking. As you can tell from my post above that I went with the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar. From my little knowledge and research I did on Quadratec and other sites it was a good tire. Excellent in the snow and rain (good for us NE folk) and in the mud and on the rocks as well.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078811.667450.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078822.749187.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376078832.431942.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Now that i had the bigger tires on the Jeep i knew i needed to upgrade the suspension. i knew nothing about suspensions and i was on a budget so this limited my options on what i had to pick from. since i didnt know companies besides skyjacker i was swayed toward them but i figured i would still look around. after looking around at plenty of products i went with a 2" spacer lift from skyjacker. it was a solid starter kit IMO. it was a stiff ride due to the shocks but still was good.

Attachments

• 75247-lg.jpg
    75247-lg.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,058
  • 300217_10150338817597617_4660682_n.jpg
    300217_10150338817597617_4660682_n.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,084
Top Bottom