does this exhaust is legal?

Skid_Kid

I saw this video

and i love the sound so I found from dynomax website. and its' parts number is 39522 which is this

http://www.dynomax.com/exhaust_details.php?vehicle=2012-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-3.6l-v6-39522

here is my question.

1 does the meaning of 'for offroad use only' is that i can't run on normal road?

2 and I have to ask eddie this question.. but in that video, does rubicat has CAI? with out CAI, does the sound will be different?

I am running a close to or same setup as RubiCAT. Airaid MXP Series Cold Air Dam Intake System with the SynthaMax filter, part number 311-132 and the Dynomax Evolution Competition system. Yes the exhaust is technically for off road use only. My intake is California CARB legal. I do not believe when it does come time to get a smog I will have any issues with my set up.

I believe the "Rockcrawler exhaust kit is the same set up with just a longer exit pipe that goes over the axle and is street legal.

JK's JK

Banned
I called up Dynomax asking this very question about off road use. As long as it's after the cat your good. The rep also said off road use means its meant for off road vehicles but it does mean it can be use for normal use

Skid_Kid

Does the dynamax sound good in person? It's hard to tell on a clip. What about the AEF cat backs?

It sounds awesome to me. Nice growl to it compared to stock. Really easy to install. Worst part is getting the stock exhaust off.

Cajun JK

I have an AFE cai and cat back. I have a thread where I posted some vids of the sound if you want to check it out.

Where is it posted? If on you tube what name is it under? I want to check it out. I like the AEF high tuck even though I don't rock crawl with this one.

Millerj87

It sounds awesome to me. Nice growl to it compared to stock. Really easy to install. Worst part is getting the stock exhaust off.

Ill second that !! The new dynomax is bout half the size and weight of stock and give a very deep low end growl.. Hard to keep your foot outta the throttle cuz I love the tone

Sent from my iPhone on the west coast of florida

I called up Dynomax asking this very question about off road use. As long as it's after the cat your good. The rep also said off road use means its meant for off road vehicles but it does mean it can be use for normal use

We also aren't able to know all the local/state laws on where a system may be required to exit.

Also our 90 day guarantee is pretty awesome.

http://www.dynomax.com/safeandsound.php

90-Day Risk-Free Trial Offer
Try qualifying DynoMax® products* for 90 days. We guarantee you'll experience the DynoMax® performance difference! If, for any reason, the qualifying products* don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, replace the products and we will refund your original product's purchase price (which shall not exceed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price), plus labor (up to $50 per exhaust system). We're that confident you will be satisfied with DynoMax® performance products! For questions about this offer, please contact our customer service department at 734-384-7898.

*Offer limited to the purchase of DynoMax® Stainless Steel Cat-Back Systems and Ultra Flo™ SS Polished, Ultra Flo™ Welded, DynoMax® VT™ or Super Turbo™ performance muffler. This offer does not include products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Valid only on vehicles used for private, non-commercial use and may be withdrawn at any time.

Cajun JK

We also aren't able to know all the local/state laws on where a system may be required to exit.

Also our 90 day guarantee is pretty awesome.

http://www.dynomax.com/safeandsound.php

90-Day Risk-Free Trial Offer
Try qualifying DynoMax® products* for 90 days. We guarantee you'll experience the DynoMax® performance difference! If, for any reason, the qualifying products* don't live up to your expectations within the first 90 days, replace the products and we will refund your original product's purchase price (which shall not exceed the manufacturer’s suggested retail price), plus labor (up to $50 per exhaust system). We're that confident you will be satisfied with DynoMax® performance products! For questions about this offer, please contact our customer service department at 734-384-7898.

*Offer limited to the purchase of DynoMax® Stainless Steel Cat-Back Systems and Ultra Flo™ SS Polished, Ultra Flo™ Welded, DynoMax® VT™ or Super Turbo™ performance muffler. This offer does not include products which have been modified, improperly applied or installed on vehicles used for commercial or racing purposes. Valid only on vehicles used for private, non-commercial use and may be withdrawn at any time.

Ok, I have a 12, 2 door and looking for a single exit axle back system that isn't real loud and no drone. What do you recommend?
Thanks.

Ok, I have a 12, 2 door and looking for a single exit axle back system that isn't real loud and no drone. What do you recommend?
Thanks.

Our VT system. No drone, and only loud when on the throttle.
http://www.dynomax.com/exhaust_details.php?vehicle=2012-wrangler-2-dr-3.6l-v6-38515

I hear the Ultra Flo Welded muffler in our "rock crawler" or Competition system, but I also hear the soft top flapping, the tires screaming and a lot of wind. So least of my concerns. For me drone is minimal. I am on 37's Krawlers 5.38's BTW.

Last edited:

Cajun JK

Our VT system. No drone, and only loud when on the throttle.
http://www.dynomax.com/exhaust_details.php?vehicle=2012-wrangler-2-dr-3.6l-v6-38515

I hear the Ultra Flo Welded muffler in our "rock crawler" or Competition system, but I also hear the soft top flapping, the tires screaming and a lot of wind. So least of my concerns. For me drone is minimal. I am on 37's Krawlers 5.38's BTW.

I'm stock for now. So I can use the VT or the rock crawler system. Is the resonator used with this system?

I'm stock for now. So I can use the VT or the rock crawler system. Is the resonator used with this system?

With both systems for the 2012- we do not use the resonator. But hold on to it, just in case you want it.

Our AXLE back system replaces the bulky muffler with a much smaller muffler, our Super Turbo that is just a little "throatier" than stock BTW.

Cajun JK

With both systems for the 2012- we do not use the resonator. But hold on to it, just in case you want it.

Our AXLE back system replaces the bulky muffler with a much smaller muffler, our Super Turbo that is just a little "throatier" than stock BTW.

Looking on the website I don't see an axle back system. Do you have a part number?

Top Bottom