PC building

MrJ3sser

That is pretty sweet. I have always wanted a custom built gaming PC but never had the money. All of my extra cash goes into the Jeep.

Nice setup,

I've been playing with mineral oil lately. don't having any pics at work to post up. basically I drop a PC in a fish tank full of mineral oil. with or without fans. SSD drives

Benito

Caught the Bug
That is pretty sweet. I have always wanted a custom built gaming PC but never had the money. All of my extra cash goes into the Jeep.

This to is one of the more expensive hobbies as well

Nice setup,

I've been playing with mineral oil lately. don't having any pics at work to post up. basically I drop a PC in a fish tank full of mineral oil. with or without fans. SSD drives

I read about that a couple of years ago and I thought a company made a case specifically for this application not sure if it took off

I read about that a couple of years ago and I thought a company made a case specifically for this application not sure if it took off

There are a few out there, but expensive. And what they give you is really unneeded although they look cool. I recently dropped a Mac pro in the tank works like a champ. Just need a pump to circulate the mineral oil. And it doesn't work for HHD only SSD if you want to submerge the HD's. Otherwise you can grab long Sata cables and set the drives outside the tank.

Best part is zero sound, other then the pump or if you want to use an airpump to make thing look cool in the fish tank. I can overclock the shit out of it, or run normal and save about 30% on power consumption.

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
I will grab a couple pics of the computer I built for work when I get back from lunch.

What's better than building your ideal computer? Building your ideal computer and having your department pick up the tab :beer:

I will grab a couple pics of the computer I built for work when I get back from lunch.

What's better than building your ideal computer? Building your ideal computer and having your department pick up the tab :beer:

I hear that, haven't purchased a computer in 15 years.

Bonehead

Nice PC

I built the one I am using now.
It is not as pretty as the one you did, I went for function first and never got around to the making it nice to look at inside LOL

It is just a little thing;)

P1010141_zps92d0c37b.jpg

Here is most the parts I used..
P1010136.jpg

If I would have had the JK when I built this I would have never built it the 4K would have went somewhere else:D

Webe

I thought I knew what I was doing. Not I know I haven't seen the bottom of the ice berg! :bowdown:

Benito

Caught the Bug
Nice PC

I built the one I am using now.
It is not as pretty as the one you did, I went for function first and never got around to the making it nice to look at inside LOL

It is just a little thing;)

P1010141_zps92d0c37b.jpg

Here is most the parts I used..
P1010136.jpg

If I would have had the JK when I built this I would have never built it the 4K would have went somewhere else:D

I almost didn't recognize the storm trooper, yeah I've probably dropped 3.4k on this rig and am about to drop another couple grand.... Need to get some new video cards for 5860x1080 display

I got a pretty good deal on two monitors identical to mine and I couldn't pass it up. But it's one of those things like if you get a really good deal on 37"s and you can't pass it up and your nowhere near ready to run 37"s so you have to get gussets and gears and chromos.

Last edited:

SDG

Caught the Bug
Forgot to take pics, but here is one from when I was putting it together.

ram.jpg

Hardware:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3930K
Mobo: ASUS P9X79 WS
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 64GB (8 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3
HDD1:SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series MZ-7PD256BW 2.5" 256GB
HDD2:Western Digital WD Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM
HDD3:Western Digital WD Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM
GPU: PNY VCQ2000D-PB Quadro 2000D 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Workstation Video Card
Case:LIAN LI Lancool PC-K62
Cooler: Not sure, Noctua NH-D14 SE2011
Power Supply: Seasonic X-1250 1250W

Evilidea

ram.jpg

Hardware:
GPU: PNY VCQ2000D-PB Quadro 2000D 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 Workstation Video Card

What OS can utilize 64GB of Ram, Seriously I have been out of the game too long.

Core I7
Zalman Cooling
GTX 680
8 GB Ram
10k rpm 300GB HDD
1TB External Storage

Max gfx on any MMO I play so good enough for now but you guys are out there. Unless a game comes out I cant run on ultra I will be putting any extra cash into the JK.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

What OS can utilize 64GB of Ram, Seriously I have been out of the game too long.

Core I7
Zalman Cooling
GTX 680
8 GB Ram
10k rpm 300GB HDD
1TB External Storage

Max gfx on any MMO I play so good enough for now but you guys are out there. Unless a game comes out I cant run on ultra I will be putting any extra cash into the JK.

OS X ;-) It can support 128gb of ram if I remember correctly. I think that joke windoze 8 can support 64gb. Not sure about windoze 7 but I wish they would have stuck with it longer it was pretty great. I still have a Dell XPS 600 I use in the garage I update every now and than with parts and keep windoze 7 on it.

Benito

Caught the Bug

ram.jpg

Hardware:

What were using this for? Seems more like a workstation application.

SDG

Caught the Bug
What were using this for? Seems more like a workstation application.

Its one of my work computers (runs win 7 pro). It is used for high speed data acquisition and processing. We develop processing algorithms for medical devices. We test different hardware and sometimes need to capture data at 5000 points per second for 5 min. We then chew up the data and turn it into a single number.

Most of the development is done in matlab and when we load this bad boy up with multi threaded applications we can process 10 or 15 files per second when a comp with a couple gigs of memory takes about 15 or 20 sec to spit out an answer. Once we think we have something that works the real programmers turn it into C code and we test it on actual instruments.

Also do some gigabyte video capture and use it for some video tracking stuff.

Plays youtube videos real nice too haha.

Top Bottom