Camp site 1/2 way between Seattle and San Francisco?

jhires

I'm driving from Seattle to SF to catch the Americas Cup finals in September. I've made the marathon drive from here to there before and just don't feel like it this time around. So I'm looking for recommendations on a good camp spot about half way between along the I-5 Corridor.

I'll be driving my Jeep (JKUR) and will be sleeping in a tent. So a little out of the way is not a bad thing, but not looking to go 4lo to get to the site.

Have any recommendations?

I was just up in the portland area, there is a campground on the oregon coast called Beverly beach that I stayed at. Pretty cheap, hot showers, clean bathrooms, and a great view of the coast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rccrwlr

May want to try Whiskeytown Lake just outside of Redding. That area can get pretty hot so check the weather

Sent via Snow Flake in California

JandSJK

Stanton park is right right off I-5 in Canyonville. It has a nice campground on the river and has showers. Also about 1 1/2 hours north is armitage park in Eugene. Good camp sites by the river and about a mile from my place.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

If you want to try something a bit different, there is a place on the 5 south of dunsmuir that has actual train cabooses that have been turned into hotel rooms. Very nice rooms too.

Sent from my DROID4 using WAYALIFE mobile app

And you have to stop at exit #86 in Oregon ( I-5) and eat at Heaven on earth. They have THE best food :D

JandSJK

Cinnamon rolls the size of you head. So good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup, they were thinking when they built that place, gotta walk right thru the bakery to get to the dining area.. It's brutal ! :D

Top Bottom