Why u should always keep a fire extinguisher in Ur rig and all Ur buddies

There would not be enough fire extinguishers available for that fire. On board fire supression might have helped. Glad to see there was no one injured.

I have this big one and waters in my rig

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130816_191633.png
    ForumRunner_20130816_191633.png
    457.5 KB · Views: 759
  • ForumRunner_20130816_191640.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130816_191640.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 754

miguel250r

I don't have one but sounds like a good idea to get one now

-sent with hands covered in grease while in a hay feild

David1tontj

I agree. Plus if he didn't drive the way he did this would not have happened.

Very true! I've had that same thing happen when climbing, but when my rig turns sideways I string it up!! Safety first! And not to mention carrying fire extinguishers!! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376715812.717955.jpg this photo is just a random one I took after having my trailer come off the ball, but it clearly shows 2 fire extinguishers! Now my big one is a reallllllly big one. It's the 2.5 gallon water charged one. It comes in very handy while camping, wheeling etc, and I can recharge it with water and my onboard air!

Rollincoal420

Very true! I've had that same thing happen when climbing, but when my rig turns sideways I string it up!! Safety first! And not to mention carrying fire extinguishers!! View attachment 44668 this photo is just a random one I took after having my trailer come off the ball, but it clearly shows 2 fire extinguishers! Now my big one is a reallllllly big one. It's the 2.5 gallon water charged one. It comes in very handy while camping, wheeling etc, and I can recharge it with water and my onboard air!

Me too:D. They r great for washing everything from windshield, doors, parts and everything in between and shoot like 20'

2u8y4u9e.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mrmet1983

Always have one in my rig but I've seen a bottle of grape juice put out a power steering fire on a TJ so just make sure u have grape juice or a fire extinguisher lol

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

pastorwug

Really, that wasn't expected with the spotter they had, and the WOT technique?
All the screaming for fire extinguishers - the title says it all - and isn't Hillbillies and Tragedies synonymous?

Rottenbelly

His fuel line was torn off and just dumping out fuel. Justin is a good guy and great driver, wins lots of the Souther rock racing series races.
B4B9794D-47E2-4C80-9281-E3EEC814360E-499-000000EFA3A65C43.jpg

0B696DAA-D5D0-460C-8C49-25559FF8FFBB-499-000000EFAD7D90B2.jpg

i had the pleasure if doing a little work on the rig to help get it rebuilt.
He won his first race after the fire!
DSC_0810.jpg

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I wonder if he'll feel the same about flipping it just for the heck of it now!

I think he will feel about flipping the same way I felt about crashing on a track. Sometimes, you can't see every possible scenario. The busted fuel line is a very random thing, and I bet he did a better job routing, better airplane grade fuel lines, maybe even running them through hardlines (soft inside hard), etc when he rebuilt it. The situation certainly sucked, and Im sure he learned A lesson, but getting scared off the hobby is unlikely, just need to be a bit more careful.

Props to whoever designed the cage. I remember seeing a race car burst into flames once, but the idiots who built the cage made it nearly impossible to extract the occupants when the vehicle was flipped over. Suffice to say, the driver didn't make it.

Top Bottom