Introduced a good friend to Jeep

Krieger

Over the last few months, I had a good friend and coworker start asking about
Jeeps because he was thinking about getting one. I gave him every little bit of info that I could offer to him, from what I learned on my own and on this forum. I told him about buying a Rubi vs. a Sport, and about running larger tires, and the steps needed to run them safely, etc. Heck, I even told him about the Wayalife and how it is absolutely mandatory to wave! So, after about three months of searching and researching, he found his jeep, a 2013 JKU white sport lifted at the dealership with 3" RC with Bilstein shocks and 35"s. Although that wouldn't be my choice, it's perfect for him and it actually rides real nice. He is a newbie and isn't quite ready to make the bank draining jump into higher performance parts just yet. It has the stock carrier (which I told him is a no no with a 35" tire) but the dealership told him they'll cover it if it breaks, so it suits him for now.
Today, I took him and his fam to Azusa ohv for his first trip off road. We went through the basics, coached him on how to put his jeep into 4 wheel drive, and how to pick a line. He was so stoked. His wife and kids loved it and were grinning ear to ear. It made me feel so good to be a part of that moment with them. We also got to witness the recovery of a full size truck that was stuck headlight deep in the mud. Guess what winched him out? A Jeep! Yeah buddy!! Having them witness that really set it in stone for them. They are officially Jeepers for life. And by the end of the trip, he was already talking about future mods he wants to do. Viva la Jeep! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376781266.425925.jpg

Ken

Krieger

He's hooked, I sold him on the EVO rock sliders as his first mod.
Even told him about how he can order them flared out as a step. He was all about it.

Ken

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
He should be fine with the stock carrier as long as he has the daystar bump stops. I am running it and have been for 10k miles with no issues.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
At least convince him to get the daystar bumpstops. Most of the welds I have seen break weren't from the weight, but from all the jiggling around.

mrmet1983

great story and sick jeep , as long as the spare is touch the bump stops on the tailgate and is very tight he will be more then fine with stock carrier unless he does some hard wheeling which it sounds like he wont

Krieger

Today while at work, I talked to my buddy about the tailgate Bumpstops, he was more than stoked that it was an easy fix for him. While we were talking jeep parts I sold him on the EVO rock sliders and how he should order them angled down a little for his wife and kids. He loved the idea. I also sold him on the JKS swaybar disconnects.
So far this has been easy, but jeep parts sell themselves.

Ken

Top Bottom