New 2013 2 dr Billet Silver Rubicon

ScottC

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376948480.919566.jpg
Slight change in plans, but I think this will work out juuuuuust fine! Now to find some dirt...

mrmet1983

Love the billet , so what's the first mod ??

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

ScottC

What's first? That is a great question. The remaining components for my Cobra 75 WX CB should be delivered tomorrow, and I already have the tow hitch ready to install. I just ordered some slush mats for it, too...but those aren't exactly "mods" as much as they are basic requirements.

I have been looking at winches a lot, but generated more questions than answers. I have it down to a Smittybuilt X20-10 or a Warn VR10000. I'm not sure I can justify the synthetic rope, but I respect all of the opinions in favor of them. I'm a career Marine and work in logistics/maintenance/maintenance management/etc. We've used steel winch cables for many years, you just have to maintain them. It is a cost thing for me, too. Both of the aforementioned winches are within $80 of each other on Quadratec.com. I'm all ears if there is another site with better prices or other model recommendations, but those winches have basically what I am looking for and they are in my price range (<$600).

Of course, before I mount a winch, I'm going to need to swap out the front bumper, too. If I went with the Warn winch, I would look at the Warn Elite series front bumper with grill guard. Not sure what I would do if I go Smittybuilt. I really need some advice on this one. For those who DD and run the dirt on the weekends, what did you choose? KPM171 lives just down the road and I really like his setup, but I don't just want to "Copy and Paste" his mods onto my rig. It will be difficult, though...the man does his research and picks high quality. I've already copied several of his ideas.

The yet to be named Jeep is my DD, so I can't get too crazy with the cheese whiz just yet. This is my 2nd 2dr Wrangler, but the first one was a mall crawler back in the mid-90's. As of right now, the goal is a 2.5" or 3" lift with 35's. Unfortunately, it is going to take me a while to get to the lifting stage. I'm in Northern Virginia, so I won't need to run a setup like our left coast brothers just yet.

So I'll open it up to the floor. What are some of your favorite mods to do within the first month of ownership?

Did I mention that I need to order my "WAYALIFE" windshield decal?!?!

mrmet1983

I went with rugged ridge modular bumper it's priced well and you have choose what style you want I went with the stinger but you have A few def choices and don't forget to check out northridge4x4.com and xtremeterrain.com

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Briguy114

In my opinion there are much nicer bumpers than the Warn. JCR, Poison Spyder and EVO just to mention a few. Do some research before you pull the trigger. You don't want to do mods twice

Asgard

I went with the Rough Country Hybrid Stubby bumper, love it. But to make it even better I found a local shop that worked with me to fabricate and weld on a custom bull bar (and was not an arm and a leg either). I think the results are awesome and really suit the look and feel of my Jeep, Serenity.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1376959339.404726.jpg

ScottC

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377450319.602735.jpg Sticker is on the windshield, CB is installed, door sill guards put on, trailer hitch installed and wired, and Quadratec floor mats are in place. Now I have to decide which front bumper and winch to order.

Top Bottom