Got My JKU!!

BlackKnight

Signed last night :thumb:, Delivery is Thursday:clap2:, I'll be driving it by Friday:rock:... Already have a weekend trip to backwoods main this weekend (just Fireroads, no rock, after all it will still just be stock)
Had to have my local dealer do a dealer to dealer transfer from some tiny dealer in the middle of nowhere. Last commando green for 500 miles from Boston...

Not a Rubi like I originally wanted, but now I get to build it like I want...

First Mod, The WayALife Stickers I picked up two months ago :daydream:

Second A Hood Lock, I live in a low crime area, but I'm not always in my area...

Going to be a slow build from there. Probable doing engine performance first (Intake, exhaust , programmer), a 1 inch Body lift, and replace all the bushings with Poly, then start the big stuff like a new front axle (44 or 60, probably home built, rather than crate). Lift kit (3') 37"s etc...

Aeraun

Congrats on getting your JK. You say now if will be a slow build but once you start you just can't help yourself lol. Good luck with it

BlackKnight

Congrats on getting your JK. You say now if will be a slow build but once you start you just can't help yourself lol. Good luck with it

As they say... JEEP, Just Empty Every Pocket!! :cheesy:

And I'll be driving it home just after work Thursday, Moding it within 10 minutes of being home (stickers) and shooing pics before taking all the manuals inside and studying the hell out of them before they go right out the window ROFLOL...

BlackKnight

If you need to go the budget route, keep stalking the Sale thread for Rubicon take-offs. Some of those guys give us Sporty's some generous deals. I did learn that '12 and older TPMS sensors don't work on '13... :beer:

That was on my idea list already, Hoping to find a Dana44 Rubi front end, and side rails (for now so My wife can climb in without killing herself) on a list somewhere I can pick up, Sending would be probably as much as buying new LOL...

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

That was on my idea list already, Hoping to find a Dana44 Rubi front end, and side rails (for now so My wife can climb in without killing herself) on a list somewhere I can pick up, Sending would be probably as much as buying new LOL...

The Rubicon rock rails have nothing to step on at all. I believe the MOAB and 10th anniversary ones are the same and have an additional bar that I think can be used as a step. Good luck finding those though haha. I like the LOD sliders for one with a step. Just money.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using WAYALIFE mobile app

TeamFaust

Congrats, Nice looking rig! Good luck with the upgrades, just consider it a journey and enjoy the ride. :thumb:

Congrats. I am partial to the color a little bit but mine has a little less paint than yours. 2 door. I like how you went from small mods to a new homemade axle in your first post. Looks good.

BlackKnight

Congrats. I am partial to the color a little bit but mine has a little less paint than yours. 2 door. I like how you went from small mods to a new homemade axle in your first post. Looks good.

ya, I have big thoughts on the eventual destination of my build :)

Top Bottom