EVO Enforcer now

pastorwug

I have been working diligently toward affording the EVO Coilover system for my JKU but have come to realize - I better find a good alternative (cheaper but still good).
Looking at the EVO Enforcer system online and the option to have the King 2.0 shocks - is that what most EVO Enforcer buyers get? Bilsteins, Fox, etc. - are they also decent choices?
I'm going to have EVO install my Teraflex Long Arms I already have (welding required) - will that require the Extreme High Clearance Long Arm Upgrade Kit?

Just looking for thoughts.

I'm ready to pull the trigger on this soon.

Berzerker

Supporting Advertiser TrailJeeps
I went with the 5100s because i plan to go coilovers in about a year. If i haf no plans to upgrade, I would go for the 2.0.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Depends what you want Pastor. I am running Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks and my enforcer rides really smooth and plush (go figure). If I had the coin I would've dropped it on the King 2.5's as they will allow you to go faster and harder in the desert. If you are using it for low and slow wheeling and DD I would recommend Ranchos, Bilsteins, etc. The high clearance long am kit isn't a requirement as much as it is a great add on. If I was going long arms I would drop the extra coin to get those long arm brackets up and out of the way. Hope this helps.

mrmet1983

i have the 5100s cuz i plan on getting coil overs in the next few months but wanted to be lifted and on 27s by then but i cant say a bad thing about the billstiens they are fantastic shocks

pastorwug

Depends what you want Pastor. I am running Rancho 9000XL adjustable shocks and my enforcer rides really smooth and plush (go figure). If I had the coin I would've dropped it on the King 2.5's as they will allow you to go faster and harder in the desert. If you are using it for low and slow wheeling and DD I would recommend Ranchos, Bilsteins, etc. The high clearance long am kit isn't a requirement as much as it is a great add on. If I was going long arms I would drop the extra coin to get those long arm brackets up and out of the way. Hope this helps.

This does help.
I've heard that the Bilsteins are a good economical shock with a plush ride - probably go with that until my ship comes in for coil-overs perhaps.
I was basically given all the Teraflex Long Arms so I'm pretty sure I'll go with EVO's brackets, they seem like the best idea, and have them welded on at EVO.
I bought some used 37s on Method wheels from JAYSC and he threw in the arms for me.

Hopefully I can get this all together soon and get it put on.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
This does help.
I've heard that the Bilsteins are a good economical shock with a plush ride - probably go with that until my ship comes in for coil-overs perhaps.
I was basically given all the Teraflex Long Arms so I'm pretty sure I'll go with EVO's brackets, they seem like the best idea, and have them welded on at EVO.
I bought some used 37s on Method wheels from JAYSC and he threw in the arms for me.

Free arms? That's awesome.

This does help.

If you're going to run a coil / shock setup, you won't be able to use EVO's High Clearance Long Arm Brackets. They require the use of coilovers. Not sure if EVO's Bolt-On Double D Long Arm brackets will work with Teraflex Arms, but you could hit up Chris and see what he has to say. You may be stuck with running the Teraflex weld-on brackets if you want to run a coil / shock setup.

As for the shocks, my brother is running Fox Reservoir Shocks (not Teraflex tuned). His jeep rides really nice with the EVO plush ride springs.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
If you're going to run a coil / shock setup, you won't be able to use EVO's High Clearance Long Arm Brackets. They require the use of coilovers. Not sure if EVO's Bolt-On Double D Long Arm brackets will work with Teraflex Arms, but you could hit up Chris and see what he has to say. You may be stuck with running the Teraflex weld-on brackets if you want to run a coil / shock setup.

As for the shocks, my brother is running Fox Reservoir Shocks (not Teraflex tuned). His jeep rides really nice with the EVO plush ride springs.

As mentioned you must use coilovers with the high clearance kit.

pastorwug

I spoke with a Teraflex guy and he said that I would need to buy their weld-on brackets for the long-arms I have (for 3" and above lifts).
$565 - just for the brackets!
Maybe not that much when considering the whole lift kit, but that seemed a little too much, bought them.

Going to purchase the EVO Enforcer kit - 3" for 37" tires with the King 2.0 shocks, along with their drag-link flip kit.

Going to try to get this installed myself here in Santa Maria.
Only shop close to me that could help with JKU stuff hates the EVO stuff, they're Poly_Performance people, and only want to sell and install their stuff. They just didn't care what I thought, so I don't care what they think.

I'll go on down to EVO in Fullerton to have their special Gear Change deal done once the lift is on.

I'm guessing but - are these the weld-on brackets that require the gas tank being removed as in other Teraflex kits?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I spoke with a Teraflex guy and he said that I would need to buy their weld-on brackets for the long-arms I have (for 3" and above lifts).
$565 - just for the brackets!
Maybe not that much when considering the whole lift kit, but that seemed a little too much, bought them.

Going to purchase the EVO Enforcer kit - 3" for 37" tires with the King 2.0 shocks, along with their drag-link flip kit.

Going to try to get this installed myself here in Santa Maria.
Only shop close to me that could help with JKU stuff hates the EVO stuff, they're Poly_Performance people, and only want to sell and install their stuff. They just didn't care what I thought, so I don't care what they think.

I'll go on down to EVO in Fullerton to have their special Gear Change deal done once the lift is on.

I'm guessing but - are these the weld-on brackets that require the gas tank being removed as in other Teraflex kits?

Having installed 2 of these lifts, I can say that the install is not that difficult. I am sure there will be some people from the So Cal group that can lend a hand if need be.

Good luck!

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you have a garage to install it I am sure some of the Bakersfield guys could help. You are closers to them then you are to me otherwise I would say bring it over and we can put it on.

mrmet1983

You will love the enforcer and it's a very straight forward kit to install

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

pastorwug

If you have a garage to install it I am sure some of the Bakersfield guys could help. You are closers to them then you are to me otherwise I would say bring it over and we can put it on.

Welders are tough to find for the Teraflex brackets. (Decent welders, I guess? - see picture above)
10Frank9 has some beautiful welds on his - was that you OverlanderJK?

Last edited:
Top Bottom