Jeep xj 3'' lift question

ripperxj

Now i have a 1998 xj that has a 1.5 rough country on i now can i put this 3" lift kit on top of the otherone

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using WAYALIFE mobile app

ripperxj

Here's a pic of it

Attachments

• 1377143805201.jpg
    1377143805201.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 114

jhires

wow, that is a lot of spacer. I'm just guessing that the 1.5" lift you already have is also spacers as well. I would stay away from stacking them like that, but don't know for sure if it is doable.

I do know that anything over 3" on an xj is going to cause problems with the rear driveline. You run the risk of over extending causing the slip yoke to pop out when flexing, as well as u-joint binding. I personally ran into vibration problems at 3 inches of lift on my xj before lowering the t-case about 1/2 inch.

If you do go offroad a lot, the add-a-leaf will also wear your rear springs severely, so you will eventually have to replace them.

billybob990

Don't stack! Lol I have a 99 xj...ignore my profile pic I need to update but anyway there is a lot of ways to lift a Cherokee cheap and expensive. But what are you trying accomplish with your rig? Rocks? Mud? Just trails?

ripperxj

Im lookin for just trail nothing big and a need it just a little higher wanna keep the stock tires and not lookin to spend a lot of $

billybob990

Well get a rough country 3" lift and pitch or sell the 1.5 three inch is plenty mine is 3 and I have 31's I have no problem getting where I need to go. Mine is mainly on trails and shitty roads to get me to my fishing spots and set up deer feeders. I rarley go out to the creek and play on the rocks but when I do, it does just fine and you keeping stock tires you will have a little more articulation

billybob990

Also ill tell you to start staving for better shocks because rough country shocks are not very durable. Mine are weak already and they are about 8 months old. I'm going to get 5100's since I work at oreillys and get a good discount

ripperxj

Do i need anything more then the coils and helper leaf to put a 3" on it and if i do need more what do i need

billybob990

Nah a 3" lift kit should come with what you need for a proper lift anything more you will need a sye kit and a new rear drive shaft

Tigrcky

might be a bit late to chime in here but stay away from spacers they make your ride very stiff and also the could cause your springs to pop out, just go with a whole new spring kit!! dont forget a new panhard bar for the front if you go over 3 inches of lift and a pitman arm drop is just plain helpful after you break 4 inches. if you ever decide to go 5.5 or more on lift you will need an SYE for your transfercase and a long arm kit out front will just really give you the flex you want! best of luck!! :rock:

Top Bottom