Four wheeler help

Chairokey

Hopefully some of you have experience with 4 wheelers and can help me out. I have an 07 outlander and it recently started losing charge and dying after about 15 minutes of riding. I took it to the shop and after diagnostics and testing they determined it was the voltage regulator. When they replaced it the machine started right up. they said it was building a charge now and it was fixed. I asked if the battery would stay charged or if it was shot from all this. They said no the battery will charge and be fine.

This was 2 days ago. Today I tried to start it, it clicked once and the dash lights turned off.. Now no response. We're they wrong? Could the battery have crapped out? I'm going to try and jump it later and see what happens..

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hopefully some of you have experience with 4 wheelers and can help me out. I have an 07 outlander and it recently started losing charge and dying after about 15 minutes of riding. I took it to the shop and after diagnostics and testing they determined it was the voltage regulator. When they replaced it the machine started right up. they said it was building a charge now and it was fixed. I asked if the battery would stay charged or if it was shot from all this. They said no the battery will charge and be fine.

This was 2 days ago. Today I tried to start it, it clicked once and the dash lights turned off.. Now no response. We're they wrong? Could the battery have crapped out? I'm going to try and jump it later and see what happens..

im no expert at all but i would start there with the battery. i could be that the cells got fried from before and couldnt hold a charge. it was fine for a few days but just ran out of juice.

billybob990

You lost connection to the battery. Just like a car when it loses connection, click then everything is gone. Check that out first then work from there

Chairokey

Turned out it was the battery. When we got it jumped it started charging the battery. But once we killed it the voltage dropped rapidly.

Now $124 dollars later I have a new battery.. Lol

Just glad it's up and running. I have a happy wife now

Top Bottom