Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua's lil piece of this WAYALIFE

Nothing but a Thing IBeHeWhoIsJoshua's Avatar

Joshua's lil piece of this WAYALIFE

So I have finally got some good parts installed and somewhat good stories to share.
    With that...Here is my budget build thread and my thoughts along the way. Why a budget build? I want to go on trails now but can't afford some of the more allowing equipment to get me to some of the places. So, I am getting things to get me by for awhile. I also don't know if I will be keeping this Jeep or trading it in in the near future for a Rubicon or maybe the next gen when they come out. All I do know is, I am having a blast with this one until that day comes, if it ever does. After one really good run up Miller Trail in Lockwood Valley I learned a lot about my Jeep and what I will need. I won't go in to it here, I will add posts and pictures of things along with my descriptions for why or how and maybe a review or two. Some pictures will be on the forum in one place or another as I don't take enough pictures of the Jeep so I am sorry for that, I will be recycling some of the pictures for this thread and maybe vice versa. Thanks for looking in and always feel free to share your thoughts or opinions or invite me somewhere!
    Here are a couple pictures when I first brought her home
    IMG_4549.jpg f1b4d4a2-3fed-43ce-b0b3-b0738e5710b4.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the hard work!

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
    2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot
    Looks like I'm locked out. Why?

Rubicon Tires and Rock Rails

First upgrades besides debadging was to get some Rubicon take-offs. I missed a run over Miller because the lack of protection and mall crawler tires that came on my Sport. After some digging around I found a fellow WAYALIFE'er that his sale thread got buried. I lucked out and berry2k was nice enough to let me come over and gave me a really good deal on his old rock rails. After chatting a bit and drooling over his rig, he persuaded me with another good deal on his wheels/tires! Thank you berry2k they have treated me great!
    IMG_4849.jpg IMG_4860.jpg IMG_4861.jpg IMG_5050.jpg IMG_5048-2.jpg

-
    Lookd great and keep us posted.

First outing: Ballinger Canyon OHV

After my buddy got a new Hero3 Black Edition and wanting to learn how to use it I decided to scratch the itch of poppin my Jeeps cherry. Not a lot of pictures and really only two good ones. We were just out having fun and got more video that I honestly need to edit and get on YouTube. Didn't disconnect this time.
    IMG_5110-1.jpg photo3.jpg
    Last edited by IBeHeWhoIsJoshua; 08-23-2013 at 05:43 AM.

Spidertrax & Rigid Duallys/Rugged Ridge Windshield Bracket

Sniffin around on the sale thread I came across what I thought was a good deal on some used wheel spacers and lights. Thank you again Bigblock! I would like to add that I wasn't happy with the diffused lens, researched and couldn't find lens replacements for sale. I called up Rigid Industries and they are now on their way to them to have the lens swapped out. They actually answer their phones and provide great customer service. $35 each to replace the lens and they will keep honoring their great warranty and ship them back to me free of charge.
    So my brother and I made the trip down to meet Bigblock and I edited him out of the picture as I don't have his consent...his rig is a beast!
    IMG_5205-1.jpg
    Before spacers
    IMG_5206.jpg
    After spacers
    IMG_5208.jpg
    Lights off front view
    IMG_5213.jpg
    Lights on front view
    IMG_5215.jpg
    Side view
    IMG_5217.jpg
    I didn't mount the switch...it kinda jimmy rigged as I am not sure where I want switches just yet. So no photo or info on that.

Looking good love the comando green

Sent from my JK

Fist run over Miller Jeep Trail

Met a few guys from here and had a great time! ShinDiggity, RockyJk, Chris@OffroadEvolution Thank you for the help and your patience. I hope I get to wheel with you all again!

The meet up
    IMG_5271.jpg

Airing down
    IMG_1909.jpg

Removing ShinDiggity's anti-sway bar on uneven ground
    IMG_1921.jpg
    IMG_1930.jpg

Chris@OffroadEvolution
    IMG_1933-1.jpg

ShinDiggity followed up by RockyJk
    IMG_1939.jpg

First stop
    IMG_5272.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1985.jpg
    IMG_1987-1.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_2001.jpg
    IMG_2005-1.jpg

Stuck behind some creepy crawlers...aka drug traffickers is my assumption
    IMG_5277.jpg
    IMG_5279-1.jpg
    IMG_2035-1.jpg

Airing back up and saying our goodbyes
    IMG_5292.jpg
    Last edited by IBeHeWhoIsJoshua; 08-23-2013 at 05:46 AM.

-
    You are in the right place to get some great deals. Keep the press on.

Quote Originally Posted by IBeHeWhoIsJoshua View Post
    Met a few guys from here and had a great time! ShinDiggity, RockyJk, Chris@OffroadEvolution Thank you for the help and your patience. I hope I get to wheel with you all again!

I will edit this from my phone and upload some photos as it is much easier. Edit...Cant add photos from app when you edit the post haha I will be back in a few
    It was cool meetin you too! Pretty sure we'll go wheeling again :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing your rig EVOlve

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast