Check Engine p2317

crowrb29

Popped this code today. Said "Ignition Coil 6 Secondary Circuit-Insufficient Ionization". Trying to pick up this whole working on my jeep thing as I go so I'm not really sure how big of a deal it is... Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

jeepgreenjon

With a new vehicle it could just be a "software ghost code". I would however suggest you make sure all the connectors on all your coils are plugged all the way in. The spark plug on that cylinder may have been improperly gapped from the factory or the gap may have been partially closed on installation from new. If the light comes back on and you are still under warranty I would take the vehicle back to the dealer to do some diagnostic work, it may be as simple as a software reflash. I checked the diagnostic program from our shop and the code doesnt seem to be a common one so if it comes back id get the dealer to check it out.

crowrb29

Thanks a million for trying to look that up for me. I'm definitely taking it in if it comes back up.

crowrb29

Well the code came back... Turned out to also come with a 0306, cylinder six misfire. I have been assured by the stealership that the replacementwill hold up better. I'm just sad I won't have my rig for four days.

scuzzy

Well the code came back... Turned out to also come with a 0306, cylinder six misfire. I have been assured by the stealership that the replacementwill hold up better. I'm just sad I won't have my rig for four days.

What was this fix for this? I have the same codes. Did all new coilpacks and spark plugs with no luck

Top Bottom