evo's rear corner armor

MTG

Caught the Bug
Does anyone have pictures of evo's rear corner armor being installed or any suggestions?

Somewhere around page 50 or so there are various pics of the install. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1585-The-building-of-knuckles&highlight=knuckles

warning...the thread gets sidetracked often. :shock:

As for suggestions: take your time, buy a good nutsert tool, use a ratchet strap to form the skins to the body, start at the front and work your way backwards, buy nice drill bits, a large C-clamp is helpful inside the holes for the brakelights, take your time, but a good nutsert tool (yes I know I typed those twice). :thumb:

edit: Around page 40

Last edited:

jkur77

Somewhere around page 50 or so there are various pics of the install. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1585-The-building-of-knuckles&highlight=knuckles

warning...the thread gets sidetracked often. :shock:

As for suggestions: take your time, buy a good nutsert tool, use a ratchet strap to form the skins to the body, start at the front and work your way backwards, buy nice drill bits, a large C-clamp is helpful inside the holes for the brakelights, take your time, but a good nutsert tool (yes I know I typed those twice). :thumb:

edit: Around page 40

Thanks for the help.

JK's JK

Banned
Ive been thinking going this way along with the EVO tire carrier. Is the tire carrier welded onto the rear skids or bolted through? That is one nervous idea thinking of drilling though a body that I just spent 30k for.....:Wide Eyed and Scare Do those rear body plates come handy or just a look?

Last edited:
Ive been thinking going this way along with the EVO tire carrier. Is the tire carrier welded onto the rear skids or bolted through? That is one nervous idea thinking of drilling though a body that I just spent 30k for.....:Wide Eyed and Scare Does those rear body plates come handy or just a look?

It's bolted...if you're worried about the 8 bolts on the tire carrier the 60 nutserts should be fine :thumb: I have them both and love it! We are thinking of changing my wife's from the LoD to it as well.

jesse3638

Hooked
Ive been thinking going this way along with the EVO tire carrier. Is the tire carrier welded onto the rear skids or bolted through? That is one nervous idea thinking of drilling though a body that I just spent 30k for.....:Wide Eyed and Scare Does those rear body plates come handy or just a look?

Yeah tell me about it! I installed the poison spyder brawler rockers and only had to drill 26 holes. The first one is the hardest...haha, after that its easy. As mentioned buy good drill bits, taker your time (measure 100 times cut once), and a good nutsert tool would have aided in my install.

MTG

Caught the Bug

You cannot run the tire carrier without the skins. :grayno:

OR Fab makes a similar carrier without the skins.

silverbackjk

You cannot run the tire carrier without the skins. :grayno:

OR Fab makes a similar carrier without the skins.

I think if he does not want to go with the skins the Genright carrier is the closest to the look of the EVO one. I also think it is much nicer that the or fab.

jeeeep

Hooked
yes, depending on the type of wheeling you do - it protects the ass end if it slides out and ends up leaning on a rock or other obstacle.

if you paint it it'll still get pin striped from brush but easy to touch up.

GCM 2

Are the rear corner side panels just a look or actually help? I'm assuming they do help at times.

Do they help? Yes, they absolutely they help. But do not confuse front/rear quarter armor, with front/rear metal flat fenders. Although my front quarter armor has small flares, and you can get rear EVO quarter armor with flares (my rear are called builder, or outlaw quarters, with no flare) these are built into the quarter panel and will spread impact throughout the entire quarter panel. Metal flares simply push impact into the tiny pinpoint area they are bolted into, it comes down to surface area and how much your flares actually have with the overall body of the jeep. Here is one of my more well known flops from the 2013 King of the Hammers pre-run.

Attachments

• image-1940368539.jpg
    image-1940368539.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 278
  • image-3307180286.jpg
    image-3307180286.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 280
  • image-1976035655.jpg
    image-1976035655.jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 279
  • image-592498.jpg
    image-592498.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 281
  • image-841897369.jpg
    image-841897369.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 279
Rugged Ridge, so that way people can't say I'm 100% an EVO fan boy........

The doors are actually pretty darn nice for plastic doors.

Looing to get rid of them. I couls use a cool set? Especially experienced ones. :cheesy:

Thanks just added to my mod list. Momma is not going to be happy.

JK's JK

Banned
I was looking at some pic's on another folder. When you buy the corner panels does the brackets for the rear tire carrier come welded on? Or you place the corner panels on and then weld up the brackets? I'm thinking I need to get some classes at Fresno city!!!

Top Bottom