Heavy duty tie rod

UndeadJeeper

I have a slightly weakened and slightly bent tie rod (tugs to the right a pinch but still drive able). I was looking at replacement price and wondered how much I should expect for a tie rod that is stronger and more durable than the stock rubicon tie rod? No sense replacing it without upgrading it amiright??

If you have any recommendations for brand that would be great too.

It's a 2013 JKUR.

jkjurny

Curious on this too, especially about people's experience with Currie. Also, want to know if its worth getting the kit that includes the drag link.

Finally, read that the weak point will be the stock connectors that will bend once you install this. If true, what do you replace to make that poi t stronger? Steering knuckle?

Tcdawg

I'm a big fan if my RK tie rod. Heavy duty aluminum. It flexes back into place after contact. Been running it for almost 2 years, no problems at all. It nowhere near $600...

Rebel JK

I ordered this last week. Should be here soon. I'll get it welded up and let you guys know how it goes

Installed mine yesterday. It's a pretty solid setup for sure and looking forward to testing it out. 1 ton gmc ends with .25 wall Dom. For under $200 including the ends I had to try it out.
My biggest concern was whether it would work with my 3-3/4"back spacing. It fit no problem. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378136061.708772.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378135966.020663.jpg

rtguy1

Thanks again for the lead. Can't beat the price and is a cool somewhat DIY project.!

No worries. Another nice feature this tierod has is that the bar itself is straight. If it does get bent, you will know. Makes it easy to rule out a tierod issue if problems arise

JK's JK

Banned
Talking about Tie rods. Have you guys made your own. Cut he length of the rod then weld in the thread and then buy the tie ends? I'm sure this is cheaper.

WhiteDynamite

Installed mine yesterday. It's a pretty solid setup for sure and looking forward to testing it out. 1 ton gmc ends with .25 wall Dom. For under $200 including the ends I had to try it out.
My biggest concern was whether it would work with my 3-3/4"back spacing. It fit no problem. View attachment 47251 View attachment 47250

Talking about Tie rods. Have you guys made your own. Cut he length of the rod then weld in the thread and then buy the tie ends? I'm sure this is cheaper.

Check out the two posts I quoted. This is a tie rod kit ($135) that has 1.5" round .25" wall DOM and two offset GM 1-ton ends and the weld in bungs.

Top Bottom