Rubicon decals

Rccrwlr

Ok so when we bought our 08' JKUR I thought it was cool that the RUBICON badging on the hood and side were painted instead of stickers. The car fax report was clean, Paint was clean but the windshield was pitted as it had lived its whole life in Tahoe. Got the factory build sheet and it showed silver badging, when we bought it they were black painted. Anyone have an '08 with painted badges?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378065516.725825.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378065553.520568.jpg

1979 Jeep CJ5 - rccrwlr
2008 Jeep JKUR - pheartmtngot

Woody3

That definitely doesn't look factory at all. I doubt they would be painted on with a paint brush by the factory.

I'm not an insurance guru or anything but I think a car would only show up on a car fax as being in a collision if it were reported to insurance.

Let's say a tree branch fell on the hood of your jeep and it was cheaper to buy a new or new used hood than it was to pay your deductible. Wouldn't you just come out if pocket for said hood? Therefore it wouldn't show on car fax but it also wouldn't be "factory".

Just one example of why it may be brush painted.

Keep your head low and your powder dry.

Atch

Carfax isn't always accurate! I wrecked a charger and dealership repaired it and I checked the carfax. My air bag deployed but on carfax it said it hadn't also the damage total on carfax was a lot less than what there really was.

Rccrwlr

Thanks for the confirmation. Looking at the pitting on the windshield and then at the lack of pitting on the hood I thing it was repainted. They did a good job. I can't tell otherwise. I guess I will go with I have a custom JKUR. 👍

Sent via Snow Flake in California

StrizzyChris

Thanks for the confirmation. Looking at the pitting on the windshield and then at the lack of pitting on the hood I thing it was repainted. They did a good job. I can't tell otherwise. I guess I will go with I have a custom JKUR. 

Do you have a D44 in the front :eek:

Rccrwlr

Do you have a D44 in the front :eek:

nara3ute.jpg

Looks like a 44 to me. I do think its a Rubicon. Has all of the lockers, sway bar disconnects, etc just really trying to figure out why they are painted not stickers. Prob no way of tracking down prev owner to just ask.

nara3ute.jpg

Looks like a 44 to me. I do think its a Rubicon. Has all of the lockers, sway bar disconnects, etc just really trying to figure out why they are painted not stickers. Prob no way of tracking down prev owner to just ask.

Might want to get the leak fixed before you run into trouble on the trail or highway.

DJKU09

Could have been crashed or different hood, aftermarket hood repainted or something. But if its got the lockers, disconnects and what not might be....

Rccrwlr

Might want to get the leak fixed before you run into trouble on the trail or highway.

Ya know. I saw that also. Got a reason to switch to synthetic now! Prob should just do both so I know the are done.

willfarrell

Another thought on why it is painted. I have an 08 JKUR and it had the silver decals on the hood. But it appears that the PO parked it in such a way that one side got a lot more sun than the other side and the decals were pealing around the edges but the other side looked new. I ended up removing all of the decals to get rid of the pealed edges and I want to paint the decals back on instead of using stickers. Maybe your PO had similar issues? :idontknow:

I plan to have my stickers removed and then paint the Rubi back on our leave it off. I wheel in à lot of brush and it has already started the removal process of the stock stickers for me... They are scratched bad too. Any decent pinstriper can do the lettering and fix the lettering in minutes and it should be pretty cheap. I do mine myself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom