Mod in what order?

I had a long post earlier this week so I will keep this shorter. What order would you do these mods? Bumper, winch, 315-70-17 tires, 2.5" lift. regear 4.11
2013 J/K 2 door automatic.

I think I have an idea but assuming I do one a month (bank account replenishment) I think I am looking at 750 for the bumper, winch another 750, tires and wheels 2500, lift& drive shaft 1500, regear 1250?
Wow that adds up fast. I am sure I am probably a couple grand shy with my estimates but let me know if you think I am in the neighborhood at least. Thanks

Atch

I think rock sliders should be somewhere near the top of your list. Also what gears do you currently have?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree with Atch, sliders should be up there. An being that you have a '13 you shouldn't need a regear for 35's but everyone has a different opinion on that.

Army_Vet

Banned
I would say:
lift
tires
bumper
winch
regear if combined with bigger tires

Just my opinion from what you listed

Thanks guys. Stock 3.21 gears with the 17" wrangler tires. The Ace rock sliders are already on along with lots of low buck mods. Am I looking close with the money end?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
My .02 is
Recovery gear
Rock sliders
Lift and tires at the same time
C Gussets
Driveshafts

Regear shouldn't be necessary since you have a '13

Sent from my iPhone

jeeeep

Hooked
I had a long post earlier this week so I will keep this shorter. What order would you do these mods? Bumper, winch, 315-70-17 tires, 2.5" lift. regear 4.11
2013 J/K 2 door automatic.

I think I have an idea but assuming I do one a month (bank account replenishment) I think I am looking at 750 for the bumper, winch another 750, tires and wheels 2500, lift& drive shaft 1500, regear 1250?
Wow that adds up fast. I am sure I am probably a couple grand shy with my estimates but let me know if you think I am in the neighborhood at least. Thanks

I had similar list and sale prices kind of made my list - also thought bumper and winch were 1st but haven't been in any situations where a good tow rope didn't take care of it (also wheeled with others that had winch), I have 2010 Rubi Unl auto:

SuperChips programmer - may trade to Bully Dog
lift / tires-wheels - I saved and did both at the same time - installed the lift, drove to DT and had tires/wheels mounted
sliders
regear -I waited a year before I regearing but wish I had done it sooner
front bumper
winch on order...
I have a 3.5" lift and the stock DS is still fine, boot is torn off but the smaller grease boot is still fine - I have Coast DS already here...waiting to install
I don't know at what height on a 2013 it's required to change front or rear DS, also depends on 2dr or 4dr

still looking for a rear bumper that carries more than just a tire and not priced like it's made from gold :crazyeyes:

Last edited:

jkmadness

The order you do the mods is pretty much up to you,One thing i can assure you on,unless you are planning on mall crawling you will have to regear from 3.21 if you are gonna run 35's.....Don't take my word for it you can ask
NFRs2000NYC how he struggle uphill on his trip out west,and he was only on 33's..:twocents:

munstie

I would definitely add recovery gear to the top of the list as well.

2011 JKU 3.5 R.E. Longarm lift.

jeeeep

Hooked

front bumper and winch you can find within that budget. all other can vary so I would allow an additional $700 for each other item. Do you plan to get all 5 tires/wheels ( I would recommend you do). depending on which lift you choose, budget lifts are always so incomplete you may spend more to fix annoyances that sometimes come with budget lifts.
if you can find a regear special you may be in budget...

once it starts it's a steady drip drip drip of money from one mod to the next :beer:

Top Bottom