Opinions on lift/suspension kits.

Odin

I was curious as to what everybody has/is using on their Jeep.

I wasn't going to run anything huge. 33" tires with 16x8 (4.25 BS) Pro Comp wheels for now until I upgrade the drivetrain and suspension like a mad man.
So I believe I would need a good 2.5-3.5" lift...
I am currently looking at the TeraFlex 2.5" lift kit with shocks. On Quadratec, it's part #16190.2510
But I'm not for certain that's what I want yet...

LET THE OPINIONS FLOW!!!

FoxC

Check out a spacer lift if you plan on 33's for the time being. 33's start to look pretty small with 2.5" of lift.

Army_Vet

Banned
I was curious as to what everybody has/is using on their Jeep.

I wasn't going to run anything huge. 33" tires with 16x8 (4.25 BS) Pro Comp wheels for now until I upgrade the drivetrain and suspension like a mad man.
So I believe I would need a good 2.5-3.5" lift...
I am currently looking at the TeraFlex 2.5" lift kit with shocks. On Quadratec, it's part #16190.2510
But I'm not for certain that's what I want yet...

LET THE OPINIONS FLOW!!!

2.5 is great with 33" tires. I found the BS all very confusing I have heard 3.5 to 4.5 BS is fine... So I cant be any real help there.

Unless your going with a super flex kit, all of the 2.5-3.5 lifts are about the same. It seems the key is quality new shocks. Bilstein 5100's seem to be the consensus with this type of lift. the real question is how much the new coils will sag over time and how quickly... Good Luck

Briguy114

You actually don't need any lift to run 33s. If anything I would only get a leveling kit like Teraflex or RockKrawler

Odin

It'd be alright to run 33" tires with stock suspension and fenders?
I wouldn't be doing any hardcore wheelin'. Just camping and fishing trips.
Teraflex has this budget boost 2.5" kit that's only like $350..

Army_Vet

Banned

Yep you can.

StrizzyChris

Absolutely! Youll just want to run 1.5" wheel spacers to support the wider than stock tires

Then a stock suspension in best for you, and I wouldn't waste ANY money on a BB :yup:

Odin

Is a 1.5" spacer alright for any width of tire? Probably going with Nitto Terra Grapplers. They seem to have well rounded performance in on and offroad surfaces and conditions.

Army_Vet

Banned
Is a 1.5" spacer alright for any width of tire? Probably going with Nitto Terra Grapplers. They seem to have well rounded performance in on and offroad surfaces and conditions.

Were you still thinking of the new rims? My understanding was with correctly back spaced rims, spacers were not needed. Keep this in mind when asking your questions...

StrizzyChris

its plenty for any width of tire offered in a 33" and almost every 35" tire on a STOCK rim.

Were you still thinking of the new rims? My understanding was with correctly back spaced rims, spacers were not needed. Keep this in mind when asking your questions...

Armyvet is correct, if you are buying aftermarket wheels, then you can skip the spacers all together and get something with 4.5" to 3.5" backspacing. You can find spacers for cheap and rims are more expensive, but that's personal preference. There are some for sale right now for $125-$150 for all 4 wheel spacers

JK's JK

Banned
its plenty for any width of tire offered in a 33" and almost every 35" tire on a STOCK rim.

Armyvet is correct, if you are buying aftermarket wheels, then you can skip the spacers all together and get something with 4.5" to 3.5" backspacing. You can find spacers for cheap and rims are more expensive, but that's personal preference. There are some for sale right now for $125-$150 for all 4 wheel spacers

Where are these spacers you speak of?

StrizzyChris

Where are these spacers you speak of?

rtguy1 has some HERE but not sure if its just 2 or 4

Berzerker just sold his....but you can always find someone selling them for 125-150 used, it just may take a few weeks of patients or shopping the interwebs in for sale sections. And they are a sold chunk of aluminum so personally I could care less to buy a set used vs new. Just as long as the threads aren't stripped or cross threaded.

FoxC

You will probably have a little rubbing without lift while flexed. You can always trim a little, but with mild wheeling you should be good. As stated, a leveling kit or small puck/spacer lift is more than enough lift. 2.5" coil lift is good for 35's. You might just try 33's without lift and see if you like it. You can always add a leveling or lift kit later. Good luck with whatever you decide.:thumb:

JK's JK

Banned
Perfect found the thread.

Talking about wheel spacers. I'm going to have to buy some wheel spacers for my Jeep since the list that I have rear arm is a inch away from the tire on 35" tires. So I'm looking at 1.25" aluminum wheel spacers. Does it matter what brand I go with?

For example:

Teraflex: two 5x5 = 99.99 on Northridge 4x4
Amazon: four 5x4.5 to 5x5 = 119.99
Ebay: four 5x5 = 97.65

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-5x5-to-5x4-75-1-25-5x127-to-5x120-7-5-LUG-/261226012793?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd248a079&vxp=mtr

All of them are 6061 T6 aluminum spacers.

Army_Vet

Banned
Perfect found the thread.

Talking about wheel spacers. I'm going to have to buy some wheel spacers for my Jeep since the list that I have rear arm is a inch away from the tire on 35" tires. So I'm looking at 1.25" aluminum wheel spacers. Does it matter what brand I go with?

For example:

Teraflex: two 5x5 = 99.99 on Northridge 4x4
Amazon: four 5x4.5 to 5x5 = 119.99
Ebay: four 5x5 = 97.65

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-WHEEL-SPACERS-ADAPTERS-5x5-to-5x4-75-1-25-5x127-to-5x120-7-5-LUG-/261226012793?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd248a079&vxp=mtr

All of them are 6061 T6 aluminum spacers.

Dont get the one that is 5x4.5 to 5x5

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Not all spacers are created equal and not all ebay spacers are truly billet 6061 (or even use grade 8 studs) despite what the descriptions say. Spend the extra and get Spidertrax if you are getting spacers.

Not all spacers are created equal and not all ebay spacers are truly billet 6061 (or even use grade 8 studs) despite what the descriptions say. Spend the extra and get Spidertrax if you are getting spacers.

i think we have done this before!!! :confused:

andrew-

Top Bottom