Dream lift

YKPizzaGuy

So if price is not an issue. And your getting DTD in the front from EVO what set up would you go with all around. Now this is where it gets tricky. I have a Genright second gas tank in the rear where the oem muffler was. So need to work around that. Also running D60 front and D80 rear. Looking to lift enough to run 40" or even 42" tires.

Thoughts?

If the evo lever is not possible with the extra gas tank... I'd say the bolt on coilovers by evo in the rear. Or Maybe a custom set up is what you really need since money isnt your issue. But then again you can always send some $$$ my way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

YKPizzaGuy

If the evo lever is not possible with the extra gas tank... I'd say the bolt on coilovers by evo in the rear. Or Maybe a custom set up is what you really need since money isnt your issue. But then again you can always send some $$$ my way

Lol. I'm leaning towards a EVO build. And it's not that $$$ isn't an issue at all I just want to do it right the first time. And I don't mind spending $$$ for that. I hate modding something then looking back and going "shit I should have spent the extra $$$" so that's what I mean about that. Thanks for the bolt on idea. I forgot all about those. Have been looking at lift lifts lifts for sometime and it's all a mess in my head. Eventually I'm sure ill have Mel do what ever setup he feels will work out with what I'm putting together. 6.4L in the future ;) I just might :)

Lol. I'm leaning towards a EVO build. And it's not that $$$ isn't an issue at all I just want to do it right the first time. And I don't mind spending $$$ for that. I hate modding something then looking back and going "shit I should have spent the extra $$$" so that's what I mean about that. Thanks for the bolt on idea. I forgot all about those. Have been looking at lift lifts lifts for sometime and it's all a mess in my head. Eventually I'm sure ill have Mel do what ever setup he feels will work out with what I'm putting together. 6.4L in the future ;) I just might :)

Yea I know that feeling. After driving on my lift for a few months. Wish I would have just saved a bit more for a long arm or coilover set up. But then again I need to replace the axles before any of that will be needed

YKPizzaGuy

Yea I know that feeling. After driving on my lift for a few months. Wish I would have just saved a bit more for a long arm or coilover set up. But then again I need to replace the axles before any of that will be needed

My rig is sitting at 6500lbs now. Bent the rear axel housing. I could have done shafts but said screw it. Pro Rock 80 on the way ;)

TRAUMAhead

Outboard coilovers frenched into the frame? Or the setup ran on Northridge's mod class racer with PSC back half kit:

i-xcSWSQd-L.jpg

20130503_1715-L.jpg

20130510_1515-L.jpg

20130516_1567-L.jpg

Last edited:

Hobolobo

Dumb question alert! What do you mean by "frenched" on to the frame? I apologize in advance for my ignorance.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I could be wrong, but it looks to me like "frenched" in this situation means cutting off the rear section of the old frame and welding on a new rear section designed to run these coilovers.

TRAUMAhead

I could be wrong, but it looks to me like "frenched" in this situation means cutting off the rear section of the old frame and welding on a new rear section designed to run these coilovers.
Yep, due to axle width. Probably not necessary with a D80 though.

P5041157.jpg

pastorwug

In my old Hot Rod days the word "frenched" typically meant something "inset" or pushed deeper into the body of the car. Wasn't easy to do well, and it takes an accomplished body worker to make it happen right.
Here's an example:

3920959610_67cc1d3470_z.jpg

Top Bottom