Rib thread

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So MTG was nice enough to let me join him and his wife at the rib cookoff for a VIP table. Some funny comments from the night:

MTG's wife to me: 'You can have shotgun, you need the exercise." :cheesy: (That's right Mrs. MTG, the extra two feet to the front seat will make me skinny)

My six year old by the fire pit in the back of my house:

"How come MTG's drink is still full and your drink is empty"

Damn that girl is smart.

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
My six year old by the fire pit in the back of my house:

"How come MTG's drink is still full and your drink is empty"

Damn that girl is smart.

Now that's just plain funny! Not sure whose at fault here, you or MTG. Sounds like you had the right idea. ;)

MTG was either "taking it easy" or was way ahead. lol

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So MTG was nice enough to let me join him and his wife at the rib cookoff for a VIP table. Some funny comments from the night:

MTG's wife to me: 'You can have shotgun, you need the exercise." :cheesy: (That's right Mrs. MTG, the extra two feet to the front seat will make me skinny).

:cheesy::cheesy:

MTG

Caught the Bug
LOL!

It was our pleasure. We had a good time as we do every year (except last year while on JKX). Hard to believe we've been going to it for over 10 years! Yet, equally hard to believe we've been going to it for only 10 years. LOL!

Hmmm, call me crazy but I think we need to get a jeep group together to enjoy a few days of wheeling and cap the weekend off with a night at the rib cook off? Think anyone would be interested in that? :idontknow:

Last edited:

JandSJK

LOL!

Hmmm, call me crazy but I think we need to get a jeep group together to enjoy a few days of wheeling and cap the weekend off with a night at the rib cook off? Think anyone would be interested in that? :idontknow:

I'm in the wife and I have been wanting to come down to this for a few years now never seem to make it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

LoPo

Caught the Bug
You know I'm in. ;)

Hopefully next time you're down there your windows don't get slashed and your Jeep doesn't get put on blocks and your slabs stolen.

Last edited:
LOL!

It was our pleasure. We had a good time as we do every year (except last year while on JKX). Hard to believe we've been going to it for over 10 years! Yet, equally hard to believe we've been going to it for only 10 years. LOL!

well......... might there be a rib cook-off less than 10hrs away from me?

andrew-

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You know I'm in. ;)

Hopefully next time you're down there your windows don't get slashed and your Jeep doesn't get put on blocks and your slabs stolen.

Lol. From what I heard, you were about to park then left because you found out I was there. :honey:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Lol. From what I heard, you were about to park then left because you found out I was there. :honey:

LOL...MTG didn't tell me you were there, I just knew that the family and Scott were there. But since you were there, it's a good thing I was unable to stay! :cheesy::beer:

LoPo

Caught the Bug
well......... might there be a rib cook-off less than 10hrs away from me?

andrew-

Not any as good as this one! I used to fly down from Oregon to go to it. :crazyeyes:

well dam! i think a few days of wheelin and bbq'd meat sticks would be glorious!

andrew-

There is a reason why this one is called 'The Best in the West'. It brings in ~500,000 people to our area for the 6 days. It's like me, kind of a big deal. :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!

Yup. I think you could gather a few of us for that kind of weekend. By next year I may have graduated from parking lots to dirt. 😉

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Yup. I think you could gather a few of us for that kind of weekend. By next year I may have graduated from parking lots to dirt. 

I think we should make this happen. We have so many locally accessible trails that we could get in A LOT of wheeling each day.

We could call it "Reno's JK Experience".

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm in. We should just make this the 775 suds and grub. Once a year, but it's a big deal. Start small and let them come running to join.

MTG, you and I will split the first table of ten.

Top Bottom