Pictures of any four doors on 37s

Angry Aussie

Can any with a four door on 37s please post some pictures. I'm about to lift mine and an torn between 35s and 37s. I wanna go 37s. Thanks guys.

GCM 2

3" Teraflex lift with 35" BFG KM2's (which is really a 34" tire)

image-1674707393.jpg

4" Teraflex lift with 37" BFG KM2's (which is really a 36" tire)

Attachments

• image-603782293.jpg
    image-603782293.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 6,580

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you are thinking about 37s you should get 37s. Even if it means you have I wait longer to get them.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378322598.365300.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378322616.975751.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378322652.329176.jpg

GCM 2

If you are thinking about 37s you should get 37s. Even if it means you have I wait longer to get them...

Very true statement here! I ran 35"s on my TJ for a while and they were huge, but when I went with 35"s on my JK (see black 4 door above) I absolutely had tire envy every time I walked out to my jeep with silly little 35"s. A JK will swallow a 35" tire, especially a four door. They look pretty cool on two doors, but do not look proportional on a lifted four door. Follow MTG's guidance above for optimum results.

Angry Aussie

You guys rock! Thank you. I thought that the jk swallowed 35s as well and I know when I do this I wanna do it right. Y'all have suggestions on lift sizes/ brands to accommodate the 37s and I'd like to keep the factory fenders. I'm gonna need new drive shafts and was gonna go with 5:13 gears. Thoughts?

toys4rocks

The yellow one Gcm2 has pictured is the look I'm after, which shocks did you use since I've heard bad things about teraflex shocks?

JK1

You guys rock! Thank you. I thought that the jk swallowed 35s as well and I know when I do this I wanna do it right. Y'all have suggestions on lift sizes/ brands to accommodate the 37s and I'd like to keep the factory fenders. I'm gonna need new drive shafts and was gonna go with 5:13 gears. Thoughts?

your pry gonna have to go with at least a 4" lift if your wanting to keep the factory flares... a friend of mine has 4.5 AEV lift with the same 37's i have and had no problems clearing everything... I cut mine with a 3.5 in lift just because i wanted to keep a LCG.:beer:

MTG

Caught the Bug

It all depends on what type of wheeling you intend to do and, more importantly, your budget.

Mine above is running the 4" EVO Enforcer lift with King 2.5" reservoir shocks and I love it. But there are a lot of other options, which are both more and less expensive.

If you have 4.10s now you might not need to regear with the 3.6L...at least not right away. I have 5.13s in mine, but it's mainly because I live at elevation. I drove across the country with 37s and 4.10s and thought it was fine. With anything else, you'll probably need a regear.

Depending on the height of lift you get, you'll need a new front DS, but I know you can run the rear at 4", which is what I've been doing and intend to do until I move to long arms.

GCM 2

If I was not running the EVO Double Throw Down (coilovers and three way by-pass shocks at each corner) and had to choose a traditional coil spring lift, I would purchase the EVO Double D. It's pricey, but it's all quality, a complete system and is the best riding traditional suspension I have ever experienced

The yellow one Gcm2 has pictured is the look I'm after, which shocks did you use since I've heard bad things about teraflex shocks?

That is my buddies rig, he is running the standard Teraflex 9550 shocks and coils, both leave much to be desired when it comes to ride quality. Teraflex is known to over spring rate their suspensions so they run tall and don't sag much, a 3" is really about a 4" lift and the 4" is closer to 5". This ends up providing a super harsh ride. I hated my Teraflex suspension's ride :icon_crazy:

toys4rocks

Sounds like EVO is the way to go then. On that lift do you have to cut all your mtg. Points off and put on new ones?

DallasJKU

your pry gonna have to go with at least a 4" lift if your wanting to keep the factory flares... a friend of mine has 4.5 AEV lift with the same 37's i have and had no problems clearing everything... I cut mine with a 3.5 in lift just because i wanted to keep a LCG.:beer:

I have about 3" of lift from my 2.5" AEV, but don't want to add more lift or change driveshafts. I have C-gussets and I know trimming the fenders is necessary at minimum. Is it possible??

bo9roadking

Can any with a four door on 37s please post some pictures. I'm about to lift mine and an torn between 35s and 37s. I wanna go 37s. Thanks guys.
I started with 35" tires and went to 37" tires. Go with 37" if you are already thinking about it.

Here is an early picture of my Jeep with factory fenders, 3.5" Rock Krawler Mid Arm lift and 35" tires.
077(1).jpg

I'm running 37" Toyo's with 4.56 gears in San Antonio. I see you are in Austin where there are a few more hills, so I'd consider 4.88 gears at the most. I think 5.13 gears are overkill for the 3.6 motor and the 5 speed auto unless you live in Colorado or someplace else where elevation kills your horsepower.

If you want to keep the factory fenders, you can probably get away with a 4" lift.

I am running a 4.5" equivalent lift that is a hybrid EVO Double Throwdown in front with Evolever Double Throwdown and King Air bumps in back and a Rock Krawler 3-link long arm.

Here are a couple of shots that I just took of it setting in front of my house.
front 3qrtr photo small.jpg
side photo small.jpg
rear 3qrtr photo small.jpg

Last edited:

JK1

I have about 3" of lift from my 2.5" AEV, but don't want to add more lift or change driveshafts. I have C-gussets and I know trimming the fenders is necessary at minimum. Is it possible??

its possible if you never disconnect or run with no gap between your top and bottom bumpstops... i am running 37 with a 3.5" (runs 4") lift and have only close to 1.5" in between my top and bottom bump but it is want i need to do to keep my tires out of my body or fenders.. In my mind its close to the perfect set up until someone tells me or shows me differently:beer:

rubicrawl

I started with 35" tires and went to 37" tires. Go with 37" if you are already thinking about it.

Here is an early picture of my Jeep with factory fenders, 3.5" Rock Krawler Mid Arm lift and 35" tires.
View attachment 47600

I'm running 37" Toyo's with 4.56 gears in San Antonio. I see you are in Austin where there are a few more hills, so I'd consider 4.88 gears at the most. I think 5.13 gears are overkill for the 3.6 motor and the 5 speed auto unless you live in Colorado or someplace else where elevation kills your horsepower.

If you want to keep the factory fenders, you can probably get away with a 4" lift.

I am running a 4.5" equivalent lift that is a hybrid EVO Double Throwdown in front with Evolever Double Throwdown and King Air bumps in back and a Rock Krawler 3-link long arm.

Here are a couple of shots that I just took of it setting in front of my house.
View attachment 47593
View attachment 47594
View attachment 47595

Do you have the 12" or 14" king coilovers? I'm doing it next year

bo9roadking

Do you have the 12" or 14" king coilovers? I'm doing it next year

Sorry for the thread hijack. I'll answer the question and then get back to the original OP question.

The EVO setup uses the 12" King coilovers, but the EVO brackets angle to provide about 14" of travel. You won't be able to get a 14" coilover on your JK unless you cut into the engine compartment and make significant modifications or lift your JK to about 6" or 7" high.

I had my Jeep in for tire rotation the other day and took this picture when it was on the lift. You can see with the tires barely off the ground that there is a significant amount of travel.

007 small.jpg

Last edited:

rubicrawl

The EVO setup uses the 12" King coilovers, but the EVO brackets angle to provide about 14" of travel. You won't be able to get a 14" coilover on your JK unless you cut into the engine compartment and make significant modifications or lift your JK to about 6" or 7" high.

I had my Jeep in for tire rotation the other day and took this picture when it was on the lift. You can see with the tires barely off the ground that there is a significant amount of travel.

View attachment 47602

The double throwdown you can get it with 12" or 14" kings the guys with 40" tires have the 14" shocks unless your talking about the Bolt on coilovers that's only the 12" shocks

bo9roadking

The double throwdown you can get it with 12" or 14" kings the guys with 40" tires have the 14" shocks unless your talking about the Bolt on coilovers that's only the 12" shocks

I'm not talking about the bolt on coilovers.

You can use the 14" Kings, but you will have to raise your JK much higher. I'm running 37" tires, but I'm at about 4.5" of lift with 12" coilovers. I don't want to be running at 7" of lift and I don't think most of the JK's are running 14" coilovers even with 40" tires unless they are setting extremely tall or moved stuff in the engine compartment to get them to fit. I can run a 40" tire with my current suspension.

I think even Eddie's white JK (Moby) with 40" tires is running 12" King coilovers.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I agree with MTG and GCM2 that if you are thinking about 37's, you will have tire envy and ultimately regret 35's. However, I depart from them as follows: I do think that 35's look great and function well on a properly built JK (even a JKU) for some people. Here is another member's (Meanst) JKUR running the same EVO Enforcer lift as MTG, but doing so with 35's.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377403063.910636.jpg

I think it looks great and it performs well for what he intends to do with it. It's mostly a hunting rig and he doesn't intend to run trails like the Rubicon so the added benefit 37's provide in clearance weren't really worth it to him in terms of additional cost, stress on components, etc. Plus, he doesn't want to run flat (or trimmed) fenders. IMHO, flat fenders on a JKU with 35's and a 3-4" lift can look a bit roller skate-ish depending on the set up. With full fenders and heavy bumpers, I don't think the 35's look bad. Really, it's how JKUR's should come from the factory.

Figure out what you intend to wheel and what look you are going for...then shop appropriately. And by the way, if you get 37's you will get just get 40 envy...I've seen it and it isn't pretty. :bleh:;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom