Atomic Axles?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Anybody seen these? Interesting design, lots of clearance, don't know how long they've been around but thought somebody must have some experience or heard a story or two about these? 15 grand for a set of front and rear axles, locked, with brakes, locking hubs, choice of gearing, seems too good to be true, in my experience it usually is. Let's hear it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378357710.067664.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378357720.835060.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378357732.035108.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378357749.782393.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1378357764.267421.jpg

silverbackjk

Anybody seen these? Interesting design, lots of clearance, don't know how long they've been around but thought somebody must have some experience or heard a story or two about these? 15 grand for a set of front and rear axles, locked, with brakes, locking hubs, choice of gearing, seems too good to be true, in my experience it usually is. Let's hear it.

View attachment 47661 View attachment 47662 View attachment 47663 View attachment 47664 View attachment 47665

Someone posted these a few a year or two on jk forum. I would like to know info on this two and how the cv joints work and if they last.

Last edited:

TrailBear

I saw they used a set on a jk on extreme 4x4 on spike, the one they added a ripp super charger to. To me they look like they would weigh more then a traditional set up, and if you started to lose grease in those joints and wore it out, the cost would be a lot greater.

$15k is DANA 60 front and Rear complete with lockers and I would still have money left over to take momma to dinner for authorizing the DANA 60 purchase.

i would wonder if there are any suspension option limitations. as a non-traditional design, i would think that there might be some sort of fit issues with certain setups? :confused: ?

andrew-

JandSJK

Not real sure but it looks to me like that would create some real up travel issues. I think if you were wanting something like that in the way of ground clearance i would go with a portal axle.

Top Bottom