Removed Decals

Briguy114

Ok so today I peeled the X decals off of my 07. Now I can still see exactly where they were even after rubbing all of the extra adhesive off. Any tips on how to fix this? I was going to put another decal in that spot, but now I don't want to until I can get rid of the mark where the old on was

Briguy114

Its not really faded. Its not really that noticeable unless you are looking for it and/or know its there. Ill try to polish it and see how that works

MTG

Caught the Bug
Its not really faded. Its not really that noticeable unless you are looking for it and/or know its there. Ill try to polish it and see how that works

I would have guessed faded as well. If not, use some cleaner wax...it helps remove the oxidation.

jeeeep

Hooked
did you use some adhesive remover or just peel them off and tried to rub off as much of the residue as possible? try some 3M adhesive remover, read the instructions.

Army_Vet

Banned
Its not faded PER SE.... The clear coat around the sticker has thousands of tiny scratches in it making it appear dull. under the sticker it was protected. This is what your original paint looked like.
You need to polish those scratches out.

Consult meguiars web site, decide whats right for your application, then go to work. If your just going to cover it with another sticker, I must ask why bother...

Briguy114

Consult meguiars web site, decide whats right for your application, then go to work. If your just going to cover it with another sticker, I must ask why bother...

The new sticker that I'm going to put on is lettering so you will be able to see the mark behind it. Plus I like to do things right the first time rather than do something and wish I would have taken the extra time to get it done properly

GuillaumeC91

Use a pre-cleaner, dry to a haze, then a buff, followed by a wax and buff. Idk, never had to do it but that's what I'd try lol.

Don't follow me, I'm lost too! O|||||||O

Briguy114

Not sure if you can see it or not, but here's a pic. I am going to try some rubbing compound on it this week and see how that works

IMG_0062.jpg

rdf_orion

Its not faded PER SE.... The clear coat around the sticker has thousands of tiny scratches in it making it appear dull. under the sticker it was protected. This is what your original paint looked like.
You need to polish those scratches out.

X2... I helped a friend debadge his black car after 2 years of owning it and you could still read the lettering as almost a shadow. Its just fresh paint that hasnt been exposed to the elements as the rest of the vehicle has. Like everyone else said, just go at it for a while with some polish and it should be fine (or as close to unnoticeable as it will get).

Top Bottom