Stupid question can't find answer

rodgerdathug

I'm looking at doing a 3.5 suspension lift at I've seen on rough country and other site say • Wheel Backspacing: 4.5" - 4.75" Recommended Tire Size: 35x12.50x17
So here the dumb question I'm new to jeep world and lifting but what would I be able to run my stock rim and tire set up 08 rubicon thanks

JKbrick

Or go smaller lift, less steering and driveshaft issues and brake lines and little things .....

Webe

You should really just lift enough to prevent tire rub. So if you are only going 33's then no lift is needed.:twocents:

bl17z90

If you have the 17 inch rims then your jeep already jas 32's another inch won't look much different.

Putting theb35's on my Jeep has made me so happy with it. I absolutly love them they are one of the best buys i jave ever made.

I have a 3.5'' lift with 35's and they look small. I'm going to 37's because of that. If you want to run 33's there is no reason to lift at all, if you want to run 35's you need a 2.5'' lift. No reason going any bigger. You just want to lift enough to clear the size tire you want to run

aldaman

Or go smaller lift, less steering and driveshaft issues and brake lines and little things .....

Yea I understand them being small. What size tire would look good just not looking towards 35 maybe 33?

I have a 3.5'' lift with 35's and they look small. I'm going to 37's because of that. If you want to run 33's there is no reason to lift at all, if you want to run 35's you need a 2.5'' lift. No reason going any bigger. You just want to lift enough to clear the size tire you want to run

....Or if you want a small lift with the 33s and not have to spend a lot in additional parts you can always run a 1.5" leveling kit (coil version). Here is a pic of my friend's Jeep where I installed a 1.5" TF performance coil lift. The Only parts were coils and the front sway bar links...

image.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:

miguel250r

1378737574135.jpg 1378737585414.jpg

4" rough country stock wheels and tires for now no spacers needed for stock tires only of u put bigger ones on stock rims

Sent from my DROID RAZR using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rccrwlr

285/70/17 with stock wheels no lift or spacers
Tires measure in at 31.25"

ysudavat.jpg

Sent via Snow Flake in California

miguel250r

Ya 35s or 37s are in the future when I can save up enough

BBrown626

Are those both the same or is that a pair or roller skates?

;)

Money is what limits us all. It will look great with 35's or 37's.
33's don't do much for the Jeep.

miguel250r

Are those both the same or is that a pair or roller skates?

;)

Money is what limits us all. It will look great with 35's or 37's.
33's don't do much for the Jeep.

Yep I'm limited to rubi stocks now hopping to get good tax return next year

I have a 2010 rubi , with 3.5 short arm lift kit . running 285/70/17 , doing just fine with stock rims... In fact I like it .. Im not running any offsets either. and YET to have rubbing or any tire problem at this time ..

In fact My friend are very surprise .. over my many years of wheeling most assume wider tires are better in fact .. WRONG

If big fat tires were better why doesn't the military run them ??

You'll do fine with width of 10.5 , and will have no problems .. any wider could be a problem ..

IMG_0808.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Top Bottom