Change Axle ratio with 33's?

swiss_jeep

Hi everyone :standing wave:

First, the details:
I drive a Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara 09 with 31x10 R18 BF-Goodrich tires and a axle ratio of 3.21:1
Unfortunately, here in Switzerland, only tires to 33" are allowed.

So now my question is: If I would mount 33" on my JK should I change the ratio to 3.73:1 or even higher? :thinking:

I look forward to your answers

Samuel

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
you will not need to regear. if you get a procal (AEV Procal, super chips Flashcal, etc etc) or a tuner you can reprogram the computer. this will fix your shift points if you have a auto

snopro

Banned
Hi everyone :standing wave:

First, the details:
I drive a Jeep Wrangler JK Sahara 09 with 31x10 R18 BF-Goodrich tires and a axle ratio of 3.21:1
Unfortunately, here in Switzerland, only tires to 33" are allowed.

So now my question is: If I would mount 33" on my JK should I change the ratio to 3.73:1 or even higher? :thinking:

I look forward to your answers

Samuel

Do you have a lot of elevation and large hills?! Stock Rubicons come with 4.11 and people in the mountains here in the USA have switched to 4.56 and 33's

seanb123

Maybe go for the 4.10 would give you good result the rubicon comes factory with 32 a d 4.10 so it would be pretty close to stock

StrizzyChris

Do you have a lot of elevation and large hills?! Stock Rubicons come with 4.11 and people in the mountains here in the USA have switched to 4.56 and 33's

Listen to this guy^^^ If you're for sure going 33's, and your plan is to regear, go 4.10+ but should not need 4.88. Probably 4.10 if manual and seriously consider 4.56 if auto at altitude.

swiss_jeep

Thanks for all the good and informative answers!

I think I'll probably regear to 4.10 to be sure, because I live in the mountains :brows:

Thank you again for all the answers! :thumb:

snopro

Banned
Listen to this guy^^^ If you're for sure going 33's, and your plan is to regear, go 4.10+ but should not need 4.88. Probably 4.10 if manual and seriously consider 4.56 if auto at altitude.

I live in Minnesota and its flat but yeah if hills and elevation are to be considered I'd do lower than 4.10's

swiss_jeep

Cool thanks for the quick answer :thumb:

Yes, that with the axles was me clearly! :) Otherwise you have a real problem ;)

Top Bottom